• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Luscombe's r6 warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Discount for any YFM350 members. It's running better then ever, I'll let you try it out.

Man dude that thing is a beast and i rember your first post about building this thing back on bluetraxx it was and still is a real great and practical swap. Good luck with selling it and whoever buys it you should recomend this forum because it has the life long info of the First Gen r6 warrior. Is your next project involving that r1 motor ??

Man dude that thing is a beast and i rember your first post about building this thing back on bluetraxx it was and still is a real great and practical swap. Good luck with selling it and whoever buys it you should recomend this forum because it has the life long info of the First Gen r6 warrior. Is your next project involving that r1 motor ??

I will send whoever buys it here for sure! I am having a slight change of heart on selling it, I had so much fun last weekend racing around the lake. I spent an hour ridding with two guys on race ready well built Banshees, they were both studded so they had me off the line. Once we were up and rolling I was quite a bit faster then both of them. Still i was very impressed with how quick they were. I'm not sure how well a two stroke would hold up on a long ride at 75mph+. I held mine over 75 mph for 30 min, 12,000 rpm in 6th gear. I love how Yamaha's run.

I told my GF when I got home that I'd have to get what it want for it or its going to stay. I'm really happy with how this project turned out. Everything works just as it should.

My next project is probably going to be a late 1940's early 1950's 1/2 ton truck. I want to instal a small modern turbo diesel (190hp 300 torque) and make it somewhat of a daily driver, I'd like to see 35mpg. Not a show truck in any way just a clean body old school looking plain and simple. Extra points if i can get my hands on a 1947 so its the same year as my airplane, I'll build the truck to match my plane.

I traded the crashed R1 I had for a big ass Grey tool box worth about 2k, Nobody needs a trail quad with 170hp, maybe in the dunes but not in the bush.

Any one have an old truck they want to trade for my R6 Warrior?

I will send whoever buys it here for sure! I am having a slight change of heart on selling it, I had so much fun last weekend racing around the lake. I spent an hour ridding with two guys on race ready well built Banshees, they were both studded so they had me off the line. Once we were up and rolling I was quite a bit faster then both of them. Still i was very impressed with how quick they were. I'm not sure how well a two stroke would hold up on a long ride at 75mph+. I held mine over 75 mph for 30 min, 12,000 rpm in 6th gear. I love how Yamaha's run.

I told my GF when I got home that I'd have to get what it want for it or its going to stay. I'm really happy with how this project turned out. Everything works just as it should.

My next project is probably going to be a late 1940's early 1950's 1/2 ton truck. I want to instal a small modern turbo diesel (190hp 300 torque) and make it somewhat of a daily driver, I'd like to see 35mpg. Not a show truck in any way just a clean body old school looking plain and simple. Extra points if i can get my hands on a 1947 so its the same year as my airplane, I'll build the truck to match my plane.

I traded the crashed R1 I had for a big ass Grey tool box worth about 2k, Nobody needs a trail quad with 170hp, maybe in the dunes but not in the bush.

Any one have an old truck they want to trade for my R6 Warrior?

Doing a 4bt cummins swap?

Doing a 4bt cummins swap?

Nope, the 4bt or the 3.3 or 3.9L Isuzu only make about 105hp and 265tq in stock form they can be turned up to 150-350tq. They are old school technology, hard to find and expensive. At 750lb plus a 200lb trans it will need to be a 1 ton truck to handle that weight of engine.

I'm going to go with a 1.9 VW TDI just like the one in my car with a 5 speed. Easily turned up to 170hp and 300tq they are cheap, reliable, easy to find and crazy good on fuel. They sound cool will a strait 2.5" exhaust. It will weigh less then the stock truck engine.

A 1950 Ford 1/2 ton is only 3300lbs, my VW Jetta is about 3000lbs so i figure if I can keep it simple and reasonably light I should be down the road at 3300lbs and pull off 35mpg. A 4BT will be better for towing but the fuel millage and weight kill that idea for me.

Latest posts

Back