LT-R 450

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior350x

Reaction score
I just bought my new lt-r 450 its insainly fast. rd gear is way faster than the warrior and i didnt even top it out yet. just figured i would share that

steve

obviously its aloit faster sence that is 450 EFI and the warrior is 350 carb lmao, post up some pics and vids man, i love those things, they are sick

yupp any 450 is going to feel like a screamer compared to a 350...... good luck with her and get some pics up!!

-ant

I made a thread about my short experience riding an ltr not that long ago, it was pretty damn fast.

Klutch by that time there will be something even better out. Anyone rode/know if the kawi 450 is any good?

just by looking at it, it looks alot more trail friendly than the ltr and even the yfz. and like dave76 stated, reverse is a HUGE bonus!

You must put the Yoshimura cherry bomb at the top of your things to buy list they are like
4$......without that those ltr are so slow......... they claimed that with the open airbox cherry bomb and remove exhaust tip it makes a 7HP gain......

I just bought a LTR 450 yesterday after work, took it out this mourning to break it in some. The thing handles better than any stock quad I've ever riden. Doesn't quite have the power of my Predator but I'm hoping a cherry bomb will fix that. The fuel injection is awesome, I rode at about 8000 ft. above sea level today after taking it straight off the showroom floor without having to mess with jetting.

When I went behind the dealer to load it up they had it parked right next to thier first KFX 450 that they just finished uncrating. I really wasn't impressed with the looks or build quality of the KFX, don't get me wrong its still a bad ass quad. Looking at my LTR and the KFX side by side I think I made the right choice. Reverse would have been nice though.

I saw a kfx450 on the way to the track, UUUUUGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didnt see it in action though, I think I would like it after someone comes up with a badass fender trim.

ya.... the kfx just seems like a yfz frame with something like a zuk motor to me. i know its totally different but it looks cool.

i hear its just as corked as the ltr as well. any stock quad wont hold up to a worked mx bike. but stock for stock i think the ltr is def. the best mx bike.

I doubt it, Yamaha has the rappy, suzuki has the z, I dont think they will, EFI is gonna be the next big hitter.

I think yamaha should play it smart and wait out till EFI gets more advanced. Not use the speed density systems that are currently on all the efi quads.

[quote:g5od3hux]I doubt it, Yamaha has the rappy, suzuki has the z, I dont think they will, EFI is gonna be the next big hitter.

I think yamaha should play it smart and wait out till EFI gets more advanced. Not use the speed density systems that are currently on all the efi quads. [/quote:g5od3hux]
I'm not too big on the 4x4 world, but doesnt yamaha have efi on some of their utilities for a few years? Couldnt they just use the same system?

[quote:npkp1fq0]

I think yamaha should play it smart and wait out till EFI gets more advanced. Not use the speed density systems that are currently on all the efi quads.
I'm not too big on the 4x4 world, but doesnt yamaha have efi on some of their utilities for a few years? Couldnt they just use the same system?[/quote:npkp1fq0]

They could but its a stone age system as are all of the efi quads, it needs more time. But of course thats only my opinion.

Believe me there are far better efi systems out there.. The fact is a quad does not need anything better then what there putting on them now and really does the consumer want to pay more money that's really not going to give you any more power and make the engine run better.
As far as EFI makes more power then carb well that's more of a opinion then fact. .

Back