Loud noise coming from the chain

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaz9291

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm getting a noise coming from the chain, it sounds like it's hitting against something or something, I'm not perfectly sure, but i was wondering if anyone has any ideas, my dad said if there is something to tighten chains it may be that.

It's really hard to say without seeing the thing. If you just put it in neutral and roll it slowly, and listen near the front sprocket you might be able to narrow down the problem.

How much slack is in the chain? If you have too much slack then the chain might have been riding on the rollers, which will blow the roller apart after awhile, leaving nothing but a steel pin for the chain to drag against, which makes a pretty awful sound when you're riding. You will have 2 rollers mounted on the frame near the front sprocket, take a close look at those and see if the chain is making contact with them, and if the rollers are actually intact (it's a rubber roller that should be about 7/8" in diameter). If you just see a steel pin sticking out, or a steel pin with a plastic sleeve on it, then your roller blew apart.

Maybe its just wore out. Mines at the point rite now were it makes noise all the time and im mising a front tooth. haha

blonka said:
Maybe its just wore out. Mines at the point rite now were it makes noise all the time and im mising a front tooth. haha
dude i'd get that fixed.. if your chain come off and wraps around the front sproket say good by to your case.. a buddy of mine had this happen to his raptor. luckly tho it olny took off a chunk of the chain quard built into the motor and olny a little hole in the case.. i was luckly able the fix this with good ole JBweld.. :)

Mine was the same way you should check you back chain guide if it does it when you hit a bunp more thats would be what it is. Check the bottom of the guide to see if all worn. If so get one soon don't want to break chain.

Latest posts

Back