Looking for a quiet but good performing pipe

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave85zxt

Reaction score
Wisconsin just passed new sound laws this year and I am pretty darn sure that my Cobra pipe won't pass. No I didn't pay for it, it came on the quad when I bought it. I am going test it this weekend to find out for sure but I am pretty sure it will be louder than 96 dBA. We have a hand held sount meter at work so I can use that to find out. Anyways, since it probably won't pass I am going to be looking for a new pipe. Can anyone recommend a quiet pipe that is a good performer and doesn't break the bank?

Thanks,

Dave

Hmm, I dunno. It seems like FMF powercore 4 and q series are the quietest out there, but they're on the high end of the pricing spectrum, and about average in the performance gain spectrum. I haven't heard many quiet aftermarket silencers other than the fmfs. HMF, yoshi, and big gun would be borderline on the 96 db mark even with the quiet cores installed. Pro circuit also has a quiet series exhaust out (called the 496 I think) but I don't know if they make that for the warrior, or if it's even as good as PC claims.

HMF does make a quiet core but its still not very quiet with it in.

when i bought my warrior it had an fmf megamax exhaust on it and with the disks on it was actually fairly quiet, now my dg xcellerator is the opposite it is actually pretty loud

Well I measured it this afternoon at 100 dBA per the test spec. That definitely won't pass. I think I am going to buy a stock pipe off Ebay for the short term and then do some research for a good aftermarket pipe. I never liked the sound of the Cora pipe anyways. It has always been really annoying.

What about a White Bros e-series with the discs. I don't know how it goes. If you put more in i think it makes it quieter and less dics make it louder. I guess it can be almost as quiet as stock without losing any performance. You should look into it.

More discs is louder, less discs is quieter. I had a fmf megamax on my recon, and it works on the same design. Sure, you can make them as quiet as a golf cart, but you will lose power from it. When I tuned my recon's megamax to be as quiet as the stock one it actually had noticably less power than with the stock muffler. To get a perfomance gain it's inevitably going to be louder with a disc tuned system.

I think the best bet is going to be either an fmf powercore or q series pipe, those are the quietest i've ever heard.

That newer white brothers pipe might work pretty well also, it supposed to give great performance with a much more muffled sound. Yoshimuras are definately out of the question, mine vibrates screws out of **** and really resonates in my helmet when I hit the midrange. The top end will wake the dead!!! :eek:

I have the e-series white brothers pipe..............

I have 8 disks in it. Its louder than stock but i dont think its that loud at all..............

It seems like every other quad I run across with a pipe on it is louder than mine. So ya may wanna check into it ............maybe

That newer white brothers pipe is even quieter supposively, it is black I think and a little longer.

Back