Look what I found when installing my .390 Web cam

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ciscomkv

Reaction score
So I bought my bike last year from someone who had the engine rebuilt in 2012. High compression piston, Kibblewhite springs, valves, and titanium retainers. He also gave me a brand new in box .390 grind 88 Web cam that he said he never got around to install but that eventually I'd want to bc it'll wake the bike up.

So I had my fun riding last year into winter w plenty of chub just as the bike was so I had the need to install the cam. Until I came across a diy and it seemed easy enough so this weekend I said f*it and gave it a shot.

Got thought most of the beginning stages and dropped one of the retaining screws into the timing chain valley!! So off came the stator assembly and after a quart and a half of oil dumped on my floor the bolt was out.

Next came out the old camshaft....and this...

gasejedy.jpg

It already had a White Bros 1905 cam in it. Which is from 01. So according to my research is. .440/.440 or possibly a .440/.390. Which eitherway is better than my #88 at .390/.390.

I was hoping for an upgrade but I guess I'll just settle for knowing that my bike is already a beast! Might have to mess around with gearing now to change some things around.

Hope I can reassemble everything to spec and not mess up on the timing.

Back