Look what followed me home yesterday!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkymichigan

Reaction score
My latest purchase
1987 Kawasaki Tecate 4
Mods I can see so far: Bill's pipe, DG muffler, durablue X33, Works shocks.
Most likely a winter build. Need to finish my LT250R first.
null_zps56583f64.jpg

null_zpsf2348f20.jpg

Who is the Guru on these T4?

I had one as a kid..
I also had two 250lt's.. lol
The T4's are really hard to find parts for these days!!
What do you wanna know about your tecate??

Nice! That was my favorite quad growing up, I wanted one so bad. :) lol

Thanks I just need to add a TRX250R, Banshee,and a Lt500 then I should be full. I've got a pretty good size barn so I have room for more.
The only questions I have on the T4 is interchange parts with the Kx250? Read somewhere about the jugs interchange and the Kx is an improvement?
The T4 needs lower rod bearing, so it goes to the barn for a month or so.
Did anyone notice the front suspension setup I did on the LT?

In my opinion this is an awesome looking quad!! I first saw it 5 or 6 years ago, when I bought the game "ATV quad power racing 2", this machine was in the game cover.
It seems you really are a 2 stroke guy:slayer:

Used to XC a 1987 Honda TRX250R way back in the day.
But I like to build up the stuff I grew up around. I guess it makes me cool again. Lol

Im a big TRX250R fan, Last month Adam McGill ran one in the WEXCR decided to go ol school on em lol. Your collection is lookin good Josh, That LT is clean!!!

Thanks
The LT is coming around. It's kind of a hybrid, I put YFZ450 arms and kfx shocks. Went from a 12" shock to a 16", and added 4" width. It's hard to find good parts so I make things work.

First off nice find! Always wanted a Tecate.

Second, more pics of that hybrid front end!

Third, get on 3ww and start asking around for Tecate parts. I know lots interchanged between the T3 and T4. That is a great place to start. You can only post in the newb section for two months, but, it's worth it.

The reason on the shocks is I just didn't have a spare set at the time. Now I do so we shall see.
Width shouldn't be a problem it's 49" wide. Just about perfect MX width. I'm hoping to give it a full test on Saturday.
I'll post up some pics when I'm happy with it. With the little riding I have done on it, it seems way better.

Latest posts

Back