Look what $600 can get you

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Modding cars is cheaper to a point. Bolt on's are cheap but once you get internal things get costly, like heads and etc.

I'm glad to hear that its normal for these cars to make that ticking noise because it started doing it a little while ago so i've been running it super easy. It's not a knock, just a little bit of a tick once in a while at idle. But you can hear it outside of the car.... o well ive already put over 3,000 miles on it and never had a problem. Dirty valves? I've read how to clean them on probetalk but it seems a little more risky and involved than i want to get.

The only thing that bothers me is the shitty c4de tranny.... all the horror stories over on probe talk has me worried since im pushing over 120,000 miles. But i guess it is normal after so long for them to clunk into reverse a little.

Also one last thing... it seems like this thing is lacking power from about 2500 rpms up to 3500. I just changed plugs and wires. I'm thinking im going to change the fuel filter, air filter, and clean up the mass air meter, then reset the computer this weekend. I've had good luck doing this on my fox when it got a little stumble at around 4500 rpms.

I love this thing though..... so good on gas compared to the trucks and the stang. Even though my stang pushes over 27mpg highway ( only about 13 city though haha). I can get around 350+ miles on a tank and it only hold 13 gallon.

Well I finally got a proper cold air intake, now all it needs is O2 sensors and spark plugs. But so far, it's damn fast. Not much power below 3k RPM, but once it hits 4k you better hold on, it gives you a nice kick a 4 and 5k, it's crazy. And the sound... Oh god it's nearly orgasmic, sounds almost exactly like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ7_RkWDE2U

It's just not fair, I live in the city and I just want to open it up on every stretch of open road, but it would probably attract every single cop withing 3 blocks.

Back