Little Sahara, OK

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palerider

Reaction score
Took the 9 yr old boy and the 11 yr old girl for their first trip to the dunes in Waynoka, Oklahoma.

We only took a total of 13 pictures the whole time. Once you get there the last thing on your mind is pics. Too damn much riding to get in and too little time. ;D

Got a leak in one of my tires right away. Had a bottle of slime with us, what a waste of time. Spent 2 hours messing with it, finally went to town and got a plug kit, then back to the fun.

Waynoka001.jpg

This was actually a really long jump. Caught it right before landing.
Waynoka006.jpg

Waynoka010.jpg

Little Predator 90 circling the dunes.
Waynoka002.jpg

Wind in the background making some wicked Razorbacks on some of the dunes.
Waynoka012.jpg

looks good man,hey what kinda of quad is your daughter on??for a moment im like,oh,snap she's on a 400ex!

looks like yal had fun.!!

you obviously dont know qhads then do you.........looks like fun, slap some paddles on that predator lmao.....i wanna come

you obviously dont know qhads then do you.........looks like fun, slap some paddles on that predator lmao.....i wanna come

actually now that i think about it if you look at it quick it does look like one of the NEW 400exs so you need to chill out...

and those looks like some big tires on that raptor lol and it seems like everyone is going to the dunes now

Her quad is a 150 cc with full automatic tranny. It is a JetMoto. ($1399 delivered to your door). It is the only 2nd tier quad worth looking at. I have not had to do anything to it and she rides it all the time. It does really well on the trails, quick and very smooth (soft suspension). She likes to ride fast and not jump a whole lot so it is great for her till she gets a little bigger and ready for something in the 250 to 300 cc size.

My boy likes all 4 wheels off the ground so he would probably break the JetMoto in less than a week. :mad: That little Predator kicks butt in the sand. Gotta love those 2-strokes in sand. And yes the Preddy will have paddles for the next trip.

Those tires on the Raptor are some old Pro Wedge II 22x11x8 on Douglas rims. (Only had the tires for 20 years now ;D) I took them off of my 3-wheeler and figured I would try them on the Rappy. I used them in the snow before where they work great. The 22" gives you a hair more ground clearance in the snow and in the sand gives you a little more top end. They "balloon" out like a drag tire at high speeds giving you a little more top end. You can see it in the 3rd picture. I like running the 8" rims in the sand. You can catch some wicked air in the dunes and the extra rubber helps smooth out the landings some. They do not have a tall paddle on them so they worked great for the lower hp rappy 350.

The replacement for this tire is the AMS Zipper. If you ride in the snow a lot I recommend this tire. It is awesome in the snow and works fairly well in the sand too.

Back