little problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartkillslogic

Reaction score
So, a couple a days ago I adjusted my fuel screw to make it idle lower and I think i messed it up, but it ran fine till today I took the carb off to clean it out but stopped when i found all the screws were stripped. I put it back on and now it doesn't idle at all.
Any ideas what's going on?

the fuel screw is not for making it idle lower... either you turned the idle screw and called it a fuel screw or you turned the fuel screw and the only reason the motor idled lower was because the jetting was all eff'ed up...

you took the carb of to clean it just for the hell of it? if you need something to do i could probably find you something... haha

The screw I turned was the big a@@ one that's three times the size of any other screw on the carb. If it's the idle or fuel screw I have no clue.

No, when I would get it up to speed and have half throttle it would spit and sputter.

yeah ok thats just the idle screw... the only thing that, that screw does is holds the throttle open a certain amount... the more you screw it in the more it holds the throttle open... of course the more you turn it out, the less open the throttle is... turn that idle screw in the whole way and then back it out a turn or so.... then start your fourwheeler and very slowly turn it out till you get the right idle... then give it some gas a couple of times and let it idle back down... readjust if need be

Back