little bit of carnage

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kawfox9

Reaction score
Photo17-1.jpg

first time posting a pic hoepfulyl it comes out.....i think my raptor has to much power!!!!!!!...haha acually this is what happens when your bearings go out on your axle and start having the chain wobble and start ripping off the teeth on the front sprocket...causing the rear sprocket to go junk and the chain to be junk as well as the front sprocket.... :'(

That sucks, I got away somewhat lucky. Both my swinger bearing were shot to hell, and not know I went to the track ofcourse, to shorten the story, Im laying on the side of a table top with my quad upside down with a front, and rear tire off the bead. But my sprockets did not break ;D

I have a great ideal just do sum dental work on it grind down what's lef of the teeth and grind down the grooves of it make it new again lmao ..I wonder if anyone has tried that?? not that i would but i could see someone trying it though....

lucas...just saying the sporcket was good before the incident i had done 25 miles that day and apparently it had been just slowly working away at the sprocket......luckily because the 2 teeth that are left on it saved the case prob from the chain flying into the case....the case it fine...but it was weird cause at first when i was riding i thought there was something wrong but every once in awhile my transmission pms'es and doesnt always wanna work so i thought it was that untill my bike was jerkin like a wild horse

good deal that the case is ok, i threw a chain once and didnt get quite as lucky as you, although i did get lucky enough to have no hole in the case, just the sprocket cover mounting points broke. i still have the frame mounting point. i want a cover just to protect the sprocket/chain from my leg. i am going to make a cardboard prototype and give it to the local vocational highschool, a student will make it out of aluminum as a project. the best part is its free!

Had something similar happen to a buddy of mine in the woods once. We tightened the chain as tight as we could get it so that what was left of the teeth actually held onto the chain and slowly rode it out of the woods....lol. Once a sprocket starts to wear it's amazing how fast it goes to total ****.

yah the two teeth tht are left would have never ever lasted back home....i could prob snap them off by hnd if i really tried lol

Back