Liquid cooled warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hate to rain on anybodys parade here but the time and effort needed to convert a motor from air cooled to watercooled isnt going to be worth it. not to mention the amout of money your going to spend would be enough to buy another bike. im sure its in some way possible to do but i dont see it being worth it in the end.

the biggest problem i see is that on a watercooled motor the coolant runs from the water pump through the crankcase up the cylinders waterjacket and into the head where it goes to the radiator. even if you could get a cylinder that would bolt on there wont be any way to get coolant into or out of the waterjacket without running the matching water cooled head and completly redesigning the cases to have some sort of coolant passages. if you have unlimited access to a machine shop and the nessasary engineering software to design this im sure it could be done but keep in mind this isnt even considering bore and stroke of the new cylinder, or where you could put a radiator, and some sort of electric water pump.

if your able to pull this off id love to see how it was done but somehow id see myself buying a different bike before going through all that trouble

I think you could make one if you cut all the cooling fins of a oem warrior jug and built your own aluminum cover that's weilded to the jug and alows water to go through and you could have a fitting with a ruber hose that would make the water go to the head portion and the exit out the top of the head to a small rad ur front some were it wouldn't need reworked cases just heavily modified jug/head setup

tell me whats the benefit of a water cooled engine?.... i know, but do you? IMHO your wasting your time... but a 450 if you want to have the "coolness" of water cooling, ill stick to my oil cooling....

water cooling a warrior is like water cooling a log splitter... might sound cool but its a lot of work for no real gain

i hate to rain on anybodys parade here but the time and effort needed to convert a motor from air cooled to watercooled isnt going to be worth it. not to mention the amout of money your going to spend would be enough to buy another bike. im sure its in some way possible to do but i dont see it being worth it in the end.

the biggest problem i see is that on a watercooled motor the coolant runs from the water pump through the crankcase up the cylinders waterjacket and into the head where it goes to the radiator. even if you could get a cylinder that would bolt on there wont be any way to get coolant into or out of the waterjacket without running the matching water cooled head and completly redesigning the cases to have some sort of coolant passages. if you have unlimited access to a machine shop and the nessasary engineering software to design this im sure it could be done but keep in mind this isnt even considering bore and stroke of the new cylinder, or where you could put a radiator, and some sort of electric water pump.

if your able to pull this off id love to see how it was done but somehow id see myself buying a different bike before going through all that trouble

in my original post i stade the it looks as the liquid cooling does not have liquid running through the crank, the water pump is somewhat external

Back