Lightening a warrior 350??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Has anyone weighed there warrior after all their mods? Like aluminum handle bars, remove the light bar, aluminum bumper, aluminum rims with light tires, aftermarket exhaust etc. has anyone put a gas tank in the back (maybe where the air box is and put a filter on the carb) that way the front is lighter ". I want to see if I could lighten my warrior a bit. Also why is the raptor 350 20 pounds lighter?

I think the difference in weight between the raptor and the warrior is the tires and a few different little things. Maybe the exhaust. Here is the tire size difference.
Tires/Front
AT21x7-10 Raptor
AT22 x 7-10 Warrior

Tires/Rear
AT20x10-9 Raptor
AT22 x 10-9 Warrior

You probably can shed weight by shaving some plastic, lighter exhaust, lighter rims/tires, remove headlights, remove parking break, lighter battery, lighter swing-arm, and etc...

The seat weighs less, heel guards lighter, front bumper is plastic and headlights weigh less just to name a bit

Well Douglas champion in a box are lighter... I know for a fact! Lol it takes a lot to lighten a warrior and its all in the smallest ways that build up to A noticeable change.

Well Douglas champion in a box are lighter... I know for a fact! Lol it takes a lot to lighten a warrior and its all in the smallest ways that build up to A noticeable change.

what is the weight of your warrior with a full tank of gas and oil and battery?

Best way to lighten a warrior is to lighten the rider...

There's not terribly much to de-pork one of these (and I'm not sure why you'd want to because its a warrior)

make a new frame out of plastic grey electrical conduit
that should lighten it up.

Change the front a arms to aftermarkets, cut the headlight mount off, a aluminum bumper, yfz450 front spindles that should cut around20 pounds off the front

I'd agree with Weston aluminum spindles and hubs off the yfz are a lot lighter if money ain't too big an issue and you would be willing to replace tires more often go with a 2 ply front tire

Well I run creeks and stuff so I guess I was kinda thinkin about my riding style when I said that it all depends on how you ride if your on track 2 plus would be great but for trails and creeks you need thicker tires unless you want to replace them a lot

I ran cross country a lot with 2 ply tires and never had a problem, I changed them because I got into mx and they weren't the tires I was looking for. But that's just me.

Back