Light Gap Covers

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megafandrew

Reaction score
I could never really find much info on them or how/where to make/buy them. Do you guys just use scrap plastic or lexan and mod something up to cover the light gap on a warrior when the headlights are removed? Or can I buy one somewhere? Also what do you guys think of custom mounting the stock warrior lights like the banshee lights are? If its possible and you guys think it would look good, I might try it and post it up on here. One on each side lower down and farther apart? I always like the banshee's light placement. ;) and its body style for that matter

Hey MAd what do you think about mounting the warrior lights in position like banshee lights? I could od it I think but I just have to find a good looking way to attach them down there.

I guess that would look better, but honestly I would just get some smaller, brighter lights and mount them near the stock position. That's what I did.

ya I was looking at pics of your quad in the warrior pics section, yours look's really good actually with the smaller lights there. I might just take them off permanately for now and make up a cover as I have not ever ridden at night/dark yet, I use the lights more for safety in trails with alot of blind corners or fast moving trails. Or when dusk starts in the fall (I like to get out for a ride after work sometimes and thats usually around 8pm) Thanks for the opinion and info though!

I rarely use mine too, but after riding in the dark without them once I knew I had to do something. I met some guys on a trail and talked for a while, before I realized it was getting dark, nearly hit a few trees and a fence on the way back because I couldn't see ****. :p

dangerous man, lol. Ya I will look inot some small lights, if ya don't mind where did you find yours? Ive looked on ebay a bit.,

I actually found mine at an auto parts store called Princess Auto, they were in a big pile of lights in some random corner. I think they're meant to be used a foglights for cars. I got a really good deal though, it was like $15 for both brand new. :D

Walmart has some lights that look remarkably similar to Trailtech torch lights, for $15 a pair. That price can't be beat for lights that are bright and look good. I don't know if all walmarts do, but my local one does.

I made my gap cover out of a piece of tin, I laid it and made a few cuts lined it up and made some more cuts lol, it took a bit of playing to get it perfect, then I put some holes in it painted it black and used screws to put it in so if I decide I want/need lights that day I can put them back on.

nice ogener^^ I want to keep mine being able to replace the stock lights on in case I decide to sell it some day( not anytime soon though, cant afford it, lol) I am going to check out walmart (the local one has lights, i never thought to go look there) and there is alot of princess auto's around here too! I also have a really bright pair of fog lights that are small on my crapped out 1990 mazda 323, I might just take those off of the car, they are super white looking! Ill see what I can mock up this week (off work for 2 weeks I had my appendix out last thursday a week ago) so why not? lol Ill post up some pics here of a light cover and lights

I closed the gap up on my friends machine with pieces of plastic from a broken hood and it worked real well I'm going to be doing the same on mine. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Back