light cover

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwood

Reaction score
So made a light cover this afternoon, it's a little rough but I'll end up making a new one. This one still needs paint.

lightcover.jpg

thanks, on an off note I fixed my key switch today. I lost the key a few yrs ago and busted it out sith a srewdriver so I could start it. Today I got a raptor key switch from ebay it only had two wires, mine has 4 so I carfully cut the key housing with a hacksaw blade long ways, pelled it back with a flat head and took the inside of the keyswitch and snaped it into my old one. Works just like it's supposed to. Seeing the key sticking out in the pic made me think of it.

Nice looking Warrior. I want to make a light cover too but not quite sure how to go about it yet. Looks really good though. By the looks of all the gas cans you must do alot of riding... :)

lol, no the cans have just acumulated over the years. Nice to have, I have to change the fuel pump in the old ladies jeep in the morning and that means draining a full tank of gas. To make the cover I took the back cover of an old phone book cut it down taped it over the hole then trimmed it. Then I had a templet. Then I picked up some 22gauge steel from the hardware store and used the templet to trace the pattern on the steel. Then I cut it out, shaped it, drilled 4 holes in it, and mounted it.

Sweet sounds easy enough. Sorry to hear about the fuel pump.must be something in the gas. I just changed my sons fuel pump in his truck, going to change my daughter's boyfriends pump in his car and my buddy has to change his out too. lol.

how did you bend the steel ? you should post up a PDF of a paper template with the bends marked!

I bent it by hand, it's 22gauge so it is pretty easy to shape. just make the templet and bed the sides down, if it's off a little rebend it.

Back