lifter tapping noise

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warbee

Reaction score
so I took my head to the machine shop to get new valve seals pressed in and he noticed my camshaft and rocker arm was totally wore ,the bikes only a 99 and I had that noise everyone always talks about with a warrior ,I thought it was my timing chain guides wore out but its the shaft and arms ,so maybe that will answer the old whats my top end noise question....so now I have a new piston, fresh bore,new valve seals,fresh carb rebuild and NO camshaft .:argh:

I also have a 87 moto 4 350 is there any reason I couldnt use the cam out of that one?

umm not for sure on that one... if i does fit the cam profile just might be a lil diff. im pretty sure the raptor 350 cams fit. but the profile is diff.

the pad has wear spots or flat spots and the screw on the spring side was rounded off where it hits the spring

and the pin that holds the rocker had a thin spot so the rocker wobbled on the pin

Humm. Only rocker issue I have ever cam across before was a seized one. There was an oil routing issue and the head wasn't getting properly oiled. I could only imagine that wear was from years of outta spec valve gapping.

so the rocker out of the moto 4 worked but the cams not the same,we just ground it and polished it smooth and hopefully it will work.....

the lobes or whatever there called where about an eigth of an inch off

Latest posts

Back