Lets this be what Ive been looking for...!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rhino 450
Type 421cc liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves
Bore x Stroke 84.5mm x 75mm
Compression Ratio 10.0:1
Carburetion Mikuni 33mm BSR
Ignition DC ? CDI
Starting System Electric
Transmission Yamaha Ultramatic? V-Belt/H, L, N, R
Engine Braking All Wheel
Drive Train Yamaha On-Command? pushbutton;3-way locking differential; 2WD,4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive

Wolverine 450
Engine
Type 421cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke; SOHC, 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 84.5mm x 75.0mm
Compression Ratio 10:1
Carburetion Mikuni 33mm BSR
Ignition DC ? CDI
Starting System Electric
Transmission Yamaha Ultramatic? V-Belt / F,N,R
Engine Braking Front & Rear Wheel
Drive Train Yamaha On-Command? pushbutton 2WD, 4WD ; Shaft

It looks like the same thing! but the rhino is 4 valve but the only problem is doesn't the CDI control the 4x4 on the fly? can anyone else help out here?

Wow! very cool Please please please update us on if this works and what doesn't work on the wolverine and all the goodies. top speed etc etc etc

I couldnt find an actual part number in the yamaha parts catalog(due to it not even listing the rhino 450(online parts catalog)) to even compare the 2.

Definetly let us know if it works and if everything else still works after you plug it in. Because if it does one is goin in my wovy next.

Yea me too I got my cash ready

--This is another rhino 450 CDI on that site--
The WICKED RHINO STAGE II CDI eliminates the stock Rhino CDI's speed limiter and is completely compatible with the stock Rhino panel lights, as well as the Yamaha Rhino Digital Dash. It is a plug-in replacement for the Rhino CDI. This High Performance part will increase your Rhino's top speed and Increase the RPM limit up by 1000 RPM's more than Stock!!! For those of you that have tried the Grizzly CDI, this unit eliminates the problems you are having with your light indicators/Digital Dash, as well as giving you a slightly more aggressive timing curve.A reverse limiter is still present for safety, and is set at 12 MPH.
http://www.regulatorrectifier.com/catalog/20062007-yamaha-rhino-450-performance-cdi-box-p-534.html

sounds like all the 450 CDI are interchangeable well here's hoping

I ordered one today should have it by end of week I've submerged this thing so much my reverse rev limit is kicking on in every gear whenever it wants so hopefully this fixes my problem in the process. I'll let u guys know.

can anyone tell me the easiest way to get rid of the reverse override incase the cdi doesn't plug and play

Well.... Its in. Uhhhh. Since theres no reverse rev override, and I cant really feel a difference, soooooo... uhhh... I keep asking myself if it made a difference. I dont know, I cant really tell. If someone else wants to jump in and let me know if they feel a difference. No big news.. just a "Meh."

don't tell me that. i just got mine in today. won't be able to install until tomorrow though. they had 2 different ones. did you order the one that did away with the reverse rev limiter. the one i ordered said it does. by the looks of ur comment that might be all i have going for me with this thing. nice

Well the reverse rev limiter is not hard to do. I made a few and sold them on ebay for a while. But have not posted any in a while. I can make one for you if you want.

I think tomorrow I will post a how to on here for anyone that hasnt installed one and that way it can be stickied and easy to find.

I installed mine today, didn't get a chance to ride it hard just up and down the street few times. reverse rev limiter is set higher not gone completely but a hell of a lot better. can't really tell if it made that big of a difference. seemed to be idling higher and feels like it has less hesitation from epi kit. can't say anything bout speed with the winch a clutch kit i only get about 45mph anyways. i'll see how it does muddin in the swamp one night this week.

CDI box for rhino=junk for wolverine. no difference to speak off besides reverse rev limiter being a little higher. im returning. definately post that bypass though appreciate ya

Latest posts

Back