Let my Dad ride my Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gruss

Reaction score
He's 77 years young. Here's him with my son, and one of him at speed. ;D Sorry had to use my camera phone. :'(
050208_18591.jpg

050208_18581.jpg

It was kind of funning how it happened. I took my son for a ride on my warrior and let him steer and use the throttle. We look up and my dad's on my sons 80 Raptor. So we stop and my son get on his Raptor, and I get off my warrior, I told Dad "one down 5 up." He climbed on stalled it once, then he was off. He only rode for a minute or two, but had it up to 3 gear. He stopped and said" I better get off this thing before something happens." I just love the way he is still willing to try new things. He's a professional truck driver and still drives part time during the summer, then heads to FL for the winter. He's slowing down and isn't as strong as he once was, but he's not feeble in any sense of the word.

that's awesome. My dad isn't that old but I have to keep him away from my quad because if I let him ride I can never get him off the damn thing.

gruss said:
It was kind of funning how it happened. I took my son for a ride on my warrior and let him steer and use the throttle. We look up and my dad's on my sons 80 Raptor. So we stop and my son get on his Raptor, and I get off my warrior, I told Dad "one down 5 up." He climbed on stalled it once, then he was off. He only rode for a minute or two, but had it up to 3 gear. He stopped and said" I better get off this thing before something happens." I just love the way he is still willing to try new things. He's a professional truck driver and still drives part time during the summer, then heads to FL for the winter. He's slowing down and isn't as strong as he once was, but he's not feeble in any sense of the word.
That's quite impressive, it took me a while to get used to the clutch when I just got my Warrior, but I'm assuming your dad already knew how to use a clutch, just on a car.

Back