Leaking anti-freeze, need help.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98warrior

Reaction score
Well its been leaking anti- freeze out around the water pump for a couple weeks now. Not a terrible leak but the clear bottle needs filled up every week or so and its getting old. Yesterday I took it to a neighbors house, we took off the water pump cover so the water impellar was showing. After inspecting the o-ring seal on the cover it looked to be fine and we really were'nt sure why it was leaking. But he had this stuff I cant remember what its called but said it was'nt silicone, said it was much better. It was a dark red and was really thick and stringy. Well after putting that around the o ring seal ,letting it sit for a while, I thought the leak might be fixed. Got it out today and it looked as if it had no effect on the leak what so ever. What should I do next? I cant tell if its leaking from where the water pump cover bolts on, or if its leaking between what the water pump cover connects to and the motor, if that makes any sense? Would like to get this fixed soon.

did you grab a hold of the water pump impeller to see if the shaft was loose and the bearing or seal was damaged... there should be a weep hole in the pump cover on the bottom.. this will tell you if the water pump seal is leaking or not.
What I like to when looking for a leak is to pressure wash the area, dry and then start the engine and look for leaks with a LED light or have it out in the bright sun as it will reflect the color more easy.

No the impellar was'nt loose at all. I'll probably just get another seal and see if that fixes it.

Like Jason said there should be a weep hole. Suzukis love to go thru water pump seals. More than likely its leaking from there. My LT250r is leaking antifreeze also and thats the problem. They are easy to change too.

Back