Kids Quad

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff850

Reaction score
I was thinking about buying my son a quad for his birthday he will be 7 years old. Has anybody else bought there kids a four wheeler. I was thinking about buying him a four wheeler from http://www.bestpriceatvs.com a cheap 110cc knock off just something he can learn on. There around 600 bucks with no shipping or no tax. Has anybody had any experience with these? Thanks in advance.

Whatever you do just steer clear of SUNL... i hear nothing but problems about them.... starting at the carb and going all the way to frames snapping.

personally I would get a Suzuki Lt80, or an eton 90. both are good to learn on and you can build they hell out of them as his experience level increases, plus they hold there resale value when you go to get rid of it. The off brands are made in china where they have no regulations or safety checks on the quads. And the "Honda clone" engines use very little parts that are the same as a real Honda engine. The engines have been known to break within a month of use and its extremely hard to find a shop that will work on them, and even harder to find replacement parts. Just my 2 cents.

I bought my 7 year old son a 50cc Kazuma from racewayatv.com over a year ago and have had no problems($499 shipped) It will haul my 170 lb. ass around the yard pretty fast and it is set up to run like an auto, but can also be shifted as a kid gets ready for that step.

My daughter has an Eton 90. The thing is great. 6" of rear suspension travel, with a peppy 2 stroke to boot. It's a little pricier than the chinese quads, but I feel it's worth it in the long run since my son will get it as a hand-me-down.

allatv01.JPG

I bought my older daughter a Predator 90 last summer. The reason I chose it is compared to the China bikes, the quality is 100% better. Every part of the bike is high quality compared to the others. My buddy bought his nephew a SunL 90 and it looks like a toy compared. The Predator comes with more suspension travel than the Honda or Suzuki, a free helmet, a flag for the back, and I even got a free Ipod with it. On top of all that, the thing hauls ass...lol. I can easily ride wheelies on it. And I don't mean just pop a wheelie, I mean find the balance point and go. I wish I'd have had one when i was young...lol.

Picture361.jpg

Yeah predator 90's are also great, My brothers nephew has one and my bro who is 6'5" 265 pounds can ride it and it has no problem hauling him around. Kazuma's are the exception, they are becoming big over here, and several powersport shops now carry them with warranty, and they carry replacement parts, and work on them. There is also a nice aftermarket growing for them too.

Like Gnarkill said, the only place to buy a chines ATV is from racewayatv.com. I have heard many bad stories about Bestpriceatv's. John at Raceway will stand behind his product and they have just as good of prices as anyone else.

For my 11 year old daughter I bought her a JetMoto 150 from Raceway and it has been pretty good so far. For my 9-year old boy I bought him the Predator 90. There is no comparing the quality of the Predator to the chinese brands. It kicks ass and will last him for many years.

For a 7 year old, I would bite the bullet and buy the Predator 90. It will be enough for him for many many years and if you do need parts someday you know you will be able to get them.

ec6bff73.jpg

ed2fa636.jpg

Also might add that Polaris has no payments, no interest till 2008 going on right now and if you can find an 2006 Predator 90 they have a pretty good rebate on them too. My local dealer has them for $1829 right now. Trust me you will not regret spending the extra money on the Preddy compared to ANY chinese quad. And when they say these things have power and wheelie machines they are not kidding.

ed2fa63a.jpg

the kazuma 50 is good, my little borther has one and i like them, the gearing is a little wierd and they like to pull ip in 2nd...id say go for the pretator 90, i rode a 50 and they are also good at wheelies and stuff like that, i say its worht the extra money (alltho i havent bought one i would still say the pretator)

LOL, nice wheelie pic man ;D When spring rolls around and I get her quad out I'll have to put up a video of riding it, people don't understand that they haul for a little 90. One of my friends rode it all day once when we went riding, it's that much fun.

Back