Kfx400

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdsiman

Reaction score
So im thinking about selling my 02 warrior for a 2005 kfx400. Does anyone own one? And how do you like it?
My buddy Is selling the kfx and he has owned it since new. Wants $2000 for it but I bet I can get it for $1800

I personally don't own one but have rode quite a few, They have good bottom end, And are quite popular. Around here they sell for 1000 to 2200 depending on condition. Wants so good about the one your thinking about buying is that you know the history of it, I hate buying quads I don't know who has owned them or what they claim to say has been done to them. If you do get it, Just a heads up they are lots of Aftermarket parts on Ebay for them.

Yea I really want a 2005 and up 400ex but i can't find to many around me for under $2500. And I do like the fact that my buddy has owned it since new . It was his dads that he never rode. He did tell me that he never adjusted the valves and left it out one summer but said there isn't any rust or anything just the plastics are faded.
But he did say it starts right up and runs good and is completely stock.

kfx or ltz 400 are way better in stock form than a 400ex. 1800 is not a bad deal for it as long as everything is good on it.

The only problem I ever had with mine was the valves cupped and it got hard to start. I replaced them with Kibblewhites and never had any more problems. One of the mags did a pipe shootout and the Pro Circuit made the best power. I put one on mine and it really helped it. Sometimes wish I didn't sell it, but now I have the YFZ so I'm better off. $1800 would be a good price. About par for around here. That 2005 should have rezzies also.

I would go for the KFX/LTZ over a 400ex anyday, but that's just my opinion. I actually like the KFX's and Z's. Theres a lot of them used in harescrambles around here, Awesome quads if maintained.

Yea I think I, going to get it. I just went to my local dealer and they offered me 7-900 for my 2002 warrior. I know I can get more for it but I hate dealing with Craigslist lol.

I've never ridden one, but, they are pretty reliable. If it were me, I would get the 400ex. I'm a Honda guy at heart, and the EX is very well balanced, and will run forever without flaw. It's just THAT bulletproof. But, you can't go wrong with the LTZ platform.

Well I sold my warrior and my pitbike today so I have a little extra cash to spend on a new quad now. I found 07 400ex with nerfbars, new razor tires, full skids and renthal bars. It looks absolutely mint in the pictures and he said its showroom condition but he wants 2900 for it and won't budge to much.

That's a little steep, man. Sounds nice though. There are 450s around here that sell for that.

Yea that's quite high, I can get you a National built 450 here for 3500 to 10k depending on the Hours and condition. I know you want a EX bad but hold off awhile just to see other options. Good luck though and keep us updated.

Now my buddy just texted me back and is considering selling me his 05 400ex. He's owned it for 4 years and literally cleans it more than he rides it. He bought it from the original owner who bought it for his wife and never rode it" husband had a 450r". He wants 2800 but I told him 2700 would be my highest. I know it's older but this thing is seriously like new condition and has never been modified except for 450r front shocks, nerf bars, handle bars, and air filter. He rides it maybe 5 times a year.

B55FED9F-B53C-4AA6-96B3-2F8649205B57-508-0000002448C0FCC0_zpsfb6b0d12.jpg

6021C72D-114F-447B-BFDE-0AC389C854C8-508-0000002441175B4D_zpsab1c795d.jpg

Damn that thing is mint, And real clean. If it has the title i say go for it man!! Since you want a 400ex anyways, that is probably the best deal your gonna find

Yea man he said he is going to sleep on it and let me know tomo. This thing is minttttt. The only thing I don't like about it is the stock tires lol.

Hell that's a easy fix, Just throw some ITP Holeshot GNCCs on it and your ready to go, Or some GBC Xrexs. Overall man I think it looks very well maintained, For sure good deal. Hope he has the title that would be even better

He has the title and the original receipts of when it was bought. I hope he sells it to me haha. If not I'm going to go check out that 07 400ex later today.

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://newjersey.craigslist.org/sno/4250926645.html[/FONT][FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]That's the other one I'm looking at[/FONT]

Cant beat that man, Having the title around here is like the golden ticket when selling or buying quads/bikes. The craigslist link wouldn't work for me. Keep us updated on what you buy

Very clean bike!!!! They sure are sweet. I bought one for resale and I nearly kept it and sold the Warrior! I liked it that much. Go to motosport.com and look into the ARTRAX rear tires. I got a pair for the rear of my ATC350X, and they were on sale, so I got them for almost a perfect $100.00. AND, they are 4 ply tires!!! BTW, TUSK makes a VERY nice set of extended rear wheel hubs for a little more then $100. I put a pair on my sister's 250ex and they really are sweet! The 450r fronts are a noice addition, and you can find some super, super, super good deals on used +2 & +3 arms on ebay. If you get it, you'll have made a super great deal. You simply cannot go wrong with the 400ex. Just a damn well made bike. Hope you get it~

Latest posts

Back