Kfx 450 Shocks?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior1996

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with the front shocks off of the kfx450r? are they high quality, stiff/soft, etc. and would they bolt up to the warrior? (I know they are longer obviously), any info is helpful guys, thanks.

They won't bolt up [at all, no matter what you do] unless you go long travel.

I'm not concerned about the length, I know they are 16.5", just want to know how they handle and if the eyelet thickness is the same. To compensate for the length, I can use the DJ drop bracket...

Damn, I always forget about that bracket. I believe DRW ran some on his long travel setup for a while. I'll let him fill ya in.

Of the 16" 450 shocks, those are the stiffest which is good for the dimond j kit. I ran ltr shocks not KFx shocks. But I own a kfx450r-se so I've rode them. Not a bad setup. You can redrill your upper shock mounts if your extremely careful and use those shocks with aftermarket arms.

Because they are too long? Relocating the upper shock mount changes leverage angles and allows you to run longer shocks. You redrill new holes up and in more on the frame and well you get the point.

Ok lol it sounded like you meant redrill the shock eyelet and I was really confused... yeah, I knew I would have to make new mounts for the longer shock.

I use those shocks on my Warrior with ASR +2 arms.
I had to re-drill the upper mounts, then fabricate new lower mounts on the arms to allow for the extra length.
The shocks are very good, like Weston said they are stiffer. This makes them a good candidate for the +2 arms.
If you buy some, be mindful of the ball joints.
I've tried a lot of different setups, thats what I finished with.
I have new plans for this winter though.

Latest posts

Back