KFX 450 - Just an update

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has an all Al frame = ****; reverse is retarded - prettty much every bike made for straight up racing hasnt had it - Ever. There hasnt been to much I cant power through or donut out of... I think it would be stupid to buy it just for reverse... But hey that is my $0.02! That frame is going to have big problems - mark my words.

It has an all Al frame = ****; reverse is retarded - prettty much every bike made for straight up racing hasnt had it - Ever. There hasnt been to much I cant power through or donut out of... I think it would be stupid to buy it just for reverse... But hey that is my $0.02! That frame is going to have big problems - mark my words.
Kawsaki pretty much made it obvious this bike will be geared towards trials, It has the right tire set up, reverse, and its not extended( I think :-/) I doubt they built it like that for straigth up racing.
I doubt even your yfz has the power to go over a tree you clip death ;) The average trial rider would most likely buy the kfx 450 Given the chioce of a 450r, yfz, or lt-r, JUST because the reverse. People want the best bag for their buck ;)

i dunno i took reverse off on my warrior and never looked back when i had that; maybe im not an "average" trail rider? Who knows... Maybe our trails are way dif? Either way that frame still scares me!!!!

Im sure its gusseted and reinforced. They would have to be dumbasses to not reinforce it. But it IS kawi we are talkin about. :-D

Hmm i find it funny that its always me and death arguing against the new machines that are coming out. From what ive seen so far we have been right which is kinda funny haha.

Doesn't all the cdales have Aluminum frames ? was there ever a problem with them? I think its a good idea for weight savings but i hope its strong. I wonder what the price tag will be on this thing.

Doesn't all the cdales have Aluminum frames ? was there ever a problem with them? I think its a good idea for weight savings but i hope its strong. I wonder what the price tag will be on this thing.

Its not was there ever a problem with them its more like what wasnt a problem with them. Nahhhh jk they were ok quads never heard of any frame issues but ive heard alot about motor problems.

Cannondale put a lot of time into carefully designing their frame. Their background building bicycles is what really helped with their frame design, because they already had frame building down to a science for 2 wheels. Kawasaki on the other hand... I wouldn't trust them to do much testing and research on their products until they start getting failures and people get hurt.

[quote:eek:tthlabr]Doesn't all the cdales have Aluminum frames ? was there ever a problem with them? I think its a good idea for weight savings but i hope its strong. I wonder what the price tag will be on this thing.

Its not was there ever a problem with them its more like what wasnt a problem with them. Nahhhh jk they were ok quads never heard of any frame issues but ive heard alot about motor problems.[/quote:eek:tthlabr]

rofl yes exactly - the cdale motor is SUCH a pain in the ******* ass to work on...

Before the 450's came out there were acouple of companies making aluminum 250r frames. From what I understand they were pretty good. I wanted to think Bill Balance was using one, but I'm not sure. The point I am making is if done right an aluminum frame's not a bad thing. Now will Kawasaki's frame be of the quality of the custom frames of days past I don't know but one can hope. Oh I think Canondale did use alumimun frames on thier quads as well or at least a subframe. I don't know if they had any issue though.May be worth looking into.

The aluminum chassis won't be a problem unless you dent the frame tubes, they are made to exchange force like the old arch bridges made of stone. Geometry goes a long way. I'll laugh my ass off if they pull it off, I've been waiting for a lightweight chassis.

Back