Keep it clean, stay happy...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mentolio

Reaction score
A note to some of the younger guys out there: while it may be cool to have a quad covered in mud, dirt, and filth ("WOW, that guy rides HARD!"); you should always try to keep your bike clean. First, anywhere you let mud etc build-up, you're going to retain heat. Heat retention is BAD, especially for those of us with air-cooled engines. Don't you liquid cooled guys think you're safe either...if that radiator packs-up with enough mud etc, your going to resrtict air flow and overheat. Second, leaving all that junk piled-up on and packed-in your quad promotes rust, and in some cases, premature wear (leaving mud packed in you brakes WILL cause the pads to wear faster...really). Lastly, if your bike is covered with junk when you take it to the dealership for service, you're probably going to be charged for a wash ($25.00 where I used to work, and that was almost 6 years ago...no kidding!). Nobody wants to dig-into a service/repair on a filthy machine...and do you want to trust your mechanic not to get some of that dirt into your engine? (There was a farmer who used to bring his Foreman in where I worked for service, it always had manure packed up in it...disgusting!) Keep it clean and you will have less need for repair, easier maintanance, no extra charges at the shop, EVERYONE (especially you!) will be happier for it. You can always photograph your bike when its covered in goo...

I usually have to spend a good 30-45 minutes cleaning my machine after a ride. I don't mud bog it, but if the trails are wet and we hit a few puddles, water gets everywhere. It's always good to clean it ASAP. And for me, that means after I get home and after all the mud has hardened to a cement like state. :lol:

I need to clean mine after work today. Any cleaning tips? Is there anything I need to do other than maybe stuff a rag in the tailpipe? I'll probably just clean it at home with a regular hose, since the car washes around here have people working at them.

I've found and old wash mitt works great for getting things clean up. I hose all the big chucks off first.

Back