just got my skids some q's

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrblonde

Reaction score
okay I just got my skids off ebay today they are made by quadboss and the frame skid and a-arm skid both include instructions and hardware....but my swingarm skid did not. For those of you that own these, do I need hardware for the rear swingarm skid? Is it easy to do? thanks in advance

there's nothing special to it, you should be able to use the bolts from the original skid

Stock bolts but LOTS of loctite.

Or you could drop by the hardware store and pickup a couple bolts with larger washers and a lock washer... the stock hardware should work fine but the loctite shouldnt be needed if yuo put a little extra force into it.

Ummmm......disagree...lol. Even with loctite, I still need to re-tighten mine every couple of rides. I bash so much **** at speed that they still come loose some how. Did I mention I'm due for my third skid plate in 1.5 years :eek:

I just want to clarify so I don't come across as a dick here....99% of the people on here would be fine with the above method of lock washers and nuts. If you bang your skids off of everything and anything at high speeds, you're gonna need to buy stock in Loctite though.

Green loctite is the strongest. Might as well weld it on though, it ain't comin off ;)

I have a stick of the red lurking around somewhere in the basment thanks for the help guys much appreciated

Back