Just another rider from nc

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeter1998

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. I ride a 98warrior and live in nc. I ride every chance I get. If you live close by let me know. Always looking for new places to ride.

welcome to the forums. where are you located? i'm in NC and there's a few others on here as well.

oh, i know where you are then, but im not anywhere near you. im just north of wilmington.

what mods do have on the warrior?

No mods yet only had it for about a year.when i got it had to replace front bearings,brakes on front and rear, chain and sprockets, new seat,new air box. It needs rear tires and clutch is worn out. Looking a good clutch (something better than stock) so if anyone knows where to find one please let me know

Actually, the stock clutch is pretty damn good, most of the engine builders recommend using the stock yamaha plates and friction pads, just with an extra steel plate (due to a flaw in the clutch design on yamaha's part) and heavy duty springs. If you want the best of the best you can spend $180 on a DP clutch kit but that's really a waste in my opinion. EBC clutches are good for the money, but in my opinion, stock is still better quality and durability.

When you take your clutch apart you'll probably see that the clutch really doesn't look worn down that bad, it'll make more sense when you take the clutch apart and see how everything works, but there's a design flaw (or possibly intentional, but it sucks either way) the clutch pressure plate will bottom out and run out of travel before the friction plates have been completely worn down. When my clutch started slipping and I took it apart I found that the stock plates were probably only at half life, just adding another steel plate somewhere in the middle of the pack gives it the extra thickness it needs to get more life out of the friction plates.

^ x2. I noticed that too when changing mine. Kept the orige and will use it when the time comes.

Thanks! I dont think its slippin. It still pulls. I just have trouble getting in reverse and i noticed when i got stuck high center that the back tires were still spinning with clutch pulled in hit rear brake then released and they started spinning again.Maybe adding a plate will solve this problem. thanks again this site is great did not know there were so many warrior owners out there

Welcome to the site Skeeter. About half the time, I have a hard time getting mine out of reverse too, making both the reverse and neutral light to be on at the same time.

I changed my reverse shifter and it goes in and out of gear fine here is what i did.

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

so, you reach down everytime? screw that. it may work, but i ain't burning my hand on the pipe trying to fiddle with that.

if you swicth out of "R" while your wheels are still turning <<<just a little(hard to explain)then it come out fine...when your in R and stop and then try to swicth the gear is in a bind .....atleast it works fine for me this way ...just somethin you gotta get use to .. hard to type out what i mean but its pretty ez once you get the hang of it

by the way im in nc as well ... im in king <just outside of winston salem

Back