jumpping out of gear

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior stu

Reaction score
Okay it's all rebuilt but now after doing the direct shift mod it's jumping out a gear which before the rebuild it never ever did that could this be that the new clutch is either too strong not adjusted right or something of that sort when I'm cruising around it does okay but it's hard to get second gear to catch and it seems though that the connection is not being made in any gear very well

Sounds like you need the reverse linkage adjusted. It looks like a tie rod that goes to your lever and engine. Adjust it so it is in the correct position.

there is no sliping from the cluch and how would the revers efect the shifting and poping out of gear since it didnt do that befor just wondering

Cause that can cause it. I don't know why but I've seen it on multiple bikes.

so i think i figered it out its not the langth of the link but it was the revers when i pout the engine in i had the revers lever off the motor and instaled a bolt with the threds out behined the revers and instaled the revers lever but dident notes a problem so ran it and found this problem looked at the lever it it was hiting the bolt so i fliped it to day and pout my rapter 660 shock i just got in the mail on and ill be checking it out in the morning after i get my new tiers mounted so ill up date you later peace

Back