July 16-18th Group Ride

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowdog

Reaction score
Is anybody interested in going to SSRT in central PA on the weekend of July 16th-18th? Here is their website http://ssrt.org/index.htm You are required to have a permit which can be bought up there for $17 and you must be registered and insured and need to provide a copy of both with your application.
My plan is to leave Friday afternoon sometime and head up there to wherever I'm staying hotel/motel and ride SSRT all day Saturday and then head home on Sunday.
There are a couple of other people invited also from other websites that I'm on and are helping me organize it and inviting other riders on their sites.

So post up or pm me if you are interested in going or have more questions.

Dan

Keep bumping this I would like to try and do a weekend but won't know about getting off work till it gets closer to then. Also let us know where your staying I'd like to get an idea how far from northern NY it is.

Brockport ,west of rochester.

Looks to be about 4 hours from there to where we are looking at cabins and the cabins are maybe 30 min ride to the trailhead. You would come down 390 to 15 in Corning and take that down to Williamsport. For myself it's a little over 3 hours and I'm just outside of Philadelphia.

I'll keep you up to date.

That seems reasonable. I'd be in for the ride def keep me posted be great to ride with some new peeps.

Here is the place we are considering staying at http://www.cherryridgecabins.com/rates.html there are hotel/motels closer than these cabins but from other riders reports they aren't the best or cleanest places.

June to September: $40.00 per adult/per day
Cabin Description:
#2 cabin: sleeps 5 (double bed in living room; three single beds upstairs)
#3 cabin: sleeps 2 (double bed)
#4 cabin: sleeps 6 (3 separate bedrooms, each with double bed)
#5 cabin: sleeps 6 (2 separate bedrooms, each with double bed; ¾ bed in loft area)

A little more than a month away, start looking at your calendar and see if you can make it!

Just called Cherry Ridge Cabins and #4 cabin is already rented for the weekend but cabin 1,2,3 and 5 are available. There also is a log house/cabin that is not advertised on their site that is available. They do not have air conditioning but says its plenty cool with the fans and the tall trees. I can agree to that to a point because last weekend we were up at my brothers cabin in Towanda, PA and he didn't have the a/c on but it actually felt like it it was so cool in the cabin. Obviously they want us too book asap which I expected and they just had a group there with a bunch of ATV's and trailers and there is no problem with space and a bunch of trailers.

We need a good count of who is going and if they want to chance it at the cabins
without a/c or do you want to go to the Kwik Fill Hotel or the Ramada Inn?

I'm not much into the motel theres not much to do at night after we get done riding. Do they have a max occupancy at the cabins so if we want to just throw a sleeping bag down thats cool.(if the cabins good for 5 and 6 are going).

I don't need A/C.

So my first trip to SSRT will not be my last! Especially since its only $17 per year.

It took me 3 hours to get there from Philadelphia on Friday and
after the three of us met up we grabbed lunch and our permits and hit the trails and rode for 32 miles Friday afternoon.

The coolest part Friday was the tunnel because the humidty was high and there was very light on and off showers but the fog in the tunnel only allowed you to see about 15 feet in front of you if that. That was very very weird especially since I was in front and I couldn't see where I was going and had no idea where the tunnel went! We had no idea how long the tunnel was until the next day when ironically you could see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm not thrilled with heights, I'm not terrified but the viaduct has caused me at times to not be able to fall asleep at night just for the fact of crossing it. It is 110' down to the river, there is only one railing and its easily one football field long, maybe longer. I still crossed it and it is really cool!

Saturday there was a total of 8 of us and we ended up covering 92 miles on Saturday. The only trail we used more than once was the main trailhead. Other than that we never rode the same trail all day.

I headed home on Sunday and one guy left Saturday night but the rest of them went back on Sunday and rode another 40 miles. There is plenty of riding there and most importantly we had a great time with some great friends and nobody got hurt and no equipment failed or got broken.

Awesome weekend and we all agreed to go back by fall to do it again!

Attachments

• tunnel4.jpg
    tunnel4.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 4
  • ssrtriver.jpg
    ssrtriver.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 4
  • ludwigsbreak.jpg
    ludwigsbreak.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 5
  • viaduct.jpg
    viaduct.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 3
  • viaduct4.jpg
    viaduct4.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
A few more....more to come later!

Attachments

• lookout2.jpg
    lookout2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 3
  • thecreek.jpg
    thecreek.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 3
  • lookout5.jpg
    lookout5.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 3
  • tunnel2.jpg
    tunnel2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 3
  • beaverdam.jpg
    beaverdam.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 3
Good to hear wish I could have swung it. But I rode up in oswego on Saturday and had a great time.

We'll try again next time and it will be better organized!
Glad you got to ride as well!

Back