Jetting?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's directly above where the cases meet its a flat head adjustment and goes strait up so you need a really short flat head

In case it'll help anyone out, here's my set up.
2001 Warrior, freshly rebuilt and just broken in with the following parts/upgrades:
84mm bore with Wiseco 10.25:1 piston
Hot Cams Stage 1 cam
UNI pod filter (3.5" x 6")
Alien 3 full exhaust
Stock carb
Pen spring trick (It really does work)
42.5 pilot
150 main
Air/fuel screw 1.25 turns out from lightly seated
Stock Needle 2nd clip from the top
Elevation 1000' above sea level
Air temp ranging from 20F-40F

It runs clean all the way through the rev range, pulls strong and the plug insulator is a perfect "milk chocolate" brown.

Hey guys I'm having a issue. HMF only gave me 3 jets and there all the same size and they have weird numbers except for 1 that says 155 on it. The main issue is that I don't know which one the main jet is? I bought the basic jet kit too just so yous know. Any help
Would
Be great!

I think I found out the numbers there is a 147.5 a 152.5 and a 155. But are they all main jets??? I really need to figure out because I want to jet it and get the exhaust on tomorrow.

Yes they are main jets. You prolly need to start with the 147.5 since your only mod is the HMF. But you need to plug chop it after each change.

There's tons of info on it. Take to long to tell you here. Just google spark plug reading.

With no box lid mod and just a filter and pipe start with the lowest number and see if you have any backfires. The unfortunate part those jet kits don't come with pilot jet which you might need to goto a 45 for when you let off at higher revs you might get so backfiring but it won't hurt anything.. they give you 3 because temp and elevation play a roll. Higher elevation less fuel and warmer temp less fuel. Make sure you ride it a while get it good and hot before you make a decision on how the jet feels. Jetting is all you and how it feels.

Hey guys I just got the quad working I put the 147.5 main jet in and its working great! I didn't even have to mess with the air fuel screw! There are no sparks and just a tiny bit of bog sometimes!

Latest posts

Back