jetting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrblonde

Reaction score
Im a super noob at all this jetting stuff and would like to find out more info before I ever do this. First off, I know the tutorial on bluetraxx is for a 03 warrior...would there be any differences on that turorial from my 07 raptor? Is this something that anybody with basic mechanical skills can tackle? What would be a good size jet to use for a 07 raptor with a HMF pipe (quiet core if that makes any difference), K&N filter (with air box lid on). Are there any other write-ups other than the bluetraxx one? Thanks guys

BTW, I love moddifying things with wheels and this seems like the place to be to find out all the info I need. Thanks for all the info so far guys :)

I never saw the tutorial on bluetraxx, but we have our own here
http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=tutorials&action=display&thread=1115508150
The carbs aren't the same, but they're not that terribly different, and everything still follows the same design so it shouldn't be that hard to figure out. If you have basic mechanical skills and some patience you should be fine doing it yourself. The first time I did it, I based it off our tutorial, and it worked out fine. If you would run into problems, you can always post the problem here and you know somebody will be able to help you figure it out. HMF shoud have jetting recommendations on their web site, but if they don't, I would start 2 sizes larger than the stock main jet, and maybe try 1 notch richer on the needle.

excellent, thanks for the tip yamarider and the link...:)

Back