jetting thoughts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I were to jump on Ebay or Amazon and buy one Minuki jet.....the 155 would be the best guess at this point from what I read from others with similar mods/elevation.

Anyone disagree with this? If the 155 doesn't pan out I'll have to go smaller I guess.

up and down here according to my phone......850 up to 2250 ft.....but less than 3K all the time.

I'll try a 150 then.

That's what I did order on Friday. They should be here midweek so I'll post the results.

Ran it today with the Mikuni 25 pilot and 155 main installed. It ran WOT for a few miles when I got it on the road and pulled all the way through 6th with no sputter or flat spots. From idle through WOT I noticed no issue at all.....a few small misses maybe 2 times but I don't know it was anything related to this......and I was really putting it under a microscope. It had more power than it did before as I had the front pull up on me twice when I wasn't expecting it to. The HMF exhaust sounds deeper than it did I think too....I could be nuts though.

Seems it's fine as it sits.....I'm gonna leave it alone.

Been tinkering some more since the heat and humidity here seems to have produced a stutter/miss on quick acceleration but seems to lessen a the temperature/humidity drops. It's pretty annoying. Anyway I've tried all kinds of jet combinations and needle settings. Now I've dove more in depth with the fuel mixture and float settings as it's the only place I had left.

So currently still have the needle stock, 155 main and 25 pilot.

From reading I did the clear tube method to set the floats. The manual says 4-5mm above the bowl top. I have it set..... Maybe a little high.... But nothing leaking and no smell of unburnt gas...... Seems it might be OK there. Seems before it would miss over fast rocky trails..... Today it didn't do that.

Trying to set the fuel mixture/pilot is where I'm running into trouble. From my reading if you can turn the fuel screw all the way in and it doesn't stall the pilot is too large..... But if you go out 4+ turns the pilot is too small.

My 22.5 pilot takes 4.5-5 turns out before the idle speeds up and sharpens up...... 5+ stays the same or starts missing slightly/gets mushy sounding.

My 25 pilot can be tightened all the way in...... With still an idle.... Though slightly rough...... Still totally functional though. Seems the most functional area is only 1/2-3/4 turns out..... This seeming too rich.

Today's run with the floats adjusted, the mixture is about 3/4 turn out and the temperature was around 90 with decent humidity. Didn't miss too many times..... When turned out 1 turn out got worse and in to 1/2 turn it started getting a lean backfire. The acceleration felt mushy at best..... Not sharp at all. The 22.5 has sharper response every time I try it.

So should I use the 22.5 even though I have to spin out the mixture to near 5? The 25 just seems too rich to me.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
ok new to jetting trying to fined a good kit on e bay this is probably a duh ? what do i search for on e bay i now mukuni carb but this ty vn whatever is messing with me just a little help would be helpful and doses any one now were i can get a left side case my baulins shaft nut came off and went into my crank and split the case thank for your help

Latest posts

Back