Jetting start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ogener

Reaction score
I have recently installed a clamp on K&N in my air box and am running no air box lid. The warrior seems to be idleing fine and runs poorly on the upper end and if you stomp on it. Is there a good starting point with the stock carb as far as jetting and moving the clip on the needle? I think I have moved the needle up one already and may go another. I'm just wondering if there is a good general rule to start on rejetting for the air filter. Thanks.

I'd start 2 sizes larger than the stock main jet, and just one notch richer for the needle over stock. That'll at least get you at a good starting point to decide if you need to tweak it any more.

Jetting is different from quad to quad, and elevation and temp plays a factor. For example My old 2000 had a K&N straight off the carb and a full big gun exhaust, and my jetting really surprised me. My pilot is stock (going up one size was to rich for me) Needle clip in stock position (Moving the clip down one notch made it to rich in the mid range) And my main is only a 1/2 size larger (145 stock and I run a 147.5. a 150 was to rich for mine at full throttle) Now my 87 When it had a K&N with air lid removed and a supertapp muffler the stock setting on pilot, needle, and main were perfect. but when I replaced the muffler to a stock style muffler I had to go down a size below stock on the main to get it right on. The stock main was to rich. Other warriors with the same set up that my 2000 had, had differnt settings in order to be right. So its all in trial and error.

ok so it looks like im gonna get good at taking my carb out and changing jets then,

I would try stock pilot, stock needle positon, and then get a couple different larger main jet sizes. Like a 155 and a 150. Start with the 155. then take it for a ride, and when quad is warmed up to normal operating temp make a full throttle pass. If you have a stumble at full throttle then your to rich. If rich try the 150 and repeat above steps. If still rich then try a half size like the 147.5. If the midrange feels boggy (lack of power) then move the clip down one notch on the needle and see how that does. Oh and after taking the carb off and rejetting a couple times, you will be able to do it in your sleep, and quickly.

Back