Jetting question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idle

Reaction score
Does anyone have perfect jetting on their quad with a pipe. Like no bog or hesitation spot on jetting. If so what pipe and what jets or mods make it run perfect. all my friends have pipes on their quads and no one seems to have their jetting spot on is it even possible?

Jetting depeneds on many factors. What's perfect for someone probably won't be perfect for you. You just gotta use trial and error.

so u all have pipes that dont run correctly? My question wasnt what factors change jetting or affect it, it was does anyone have a perfectly jetted warrior. No bog, no hesitation? Ive never seen a bike that was piped that didnt bog or almost stall if u mashed the gas.

You can't even do that when they're stock. The piece of **** stock carb doesn't have enough of an accelerator pump to counteract the bog.

Now my warrior, with the edelbrock, doesn't do that. No matter how quick you jab the throttle, at any rpm, it will not bog. That's because the edelbrock has a hell of an accelerator pump, which is also adjustable.

You can't even do that when they're stock. The piece of **** stock carb doesn't have enough of an accelerator pump to counteract the bog.

Now my warrior, with the edelbrock, doesn't do that. No matter how quick you jab the throttle, at any rpm, it will not bog. That's because the edelbrock has a hell of an accelerator pump, which is also adjustable.

Also what helps this is the fact that the edelbrock is just a little smaller of a carb then stock giving you more responce at lower rpms. Pretty sweet!
You could actually make the accel pump jet just a hair bigger and it would help the issue.
I have my jetting really close. Was perfect with the old .390" cam now with the bigger cam I'll wait tell it's summer again and re-jet it. It does make a world of difference when you have it right on.

so what was ur jetting with just a pipe and nothing else? Also are the edlebrocks comin down in price there like 500 dollars lol thats almost what i paid for this bike,

so what was ur jetting with just a pipe and nothing else? Also are the edlebrocks comin down in price there like 500 dollars lol thats almost what i paid for this bike,

From what I remember I had a carb kit on when I bought a pipe.
My carb is a little different then the stock one. The fact that the vacuum signal is far greater at the jet blocks on my carb kit throws all the jetting out the window, to give you more persice fuel metering letting you fine tune more and get the mixture spot on and this helps to produce more power as you can better set the carb up for very close fuel mixture that your after.
I believe back then it was like a 120 main when I first got my kit, the stock carb is 145 I believe.
You would want to go up like 1 or 2 sizes if you have an opened up air box.

I got my edelbrock a year and a half ago and it was $365 new. I imagine they're even lower by now. It's all about where you get it though, ebay and atvparts.biz were the cheapest places back when I got mine. If you manage to snag a used one on ebay you might be lucky enough to get one for $200 or so.

Back