Jetting problems please help!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcdiver50

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm having some issues with using the dyno jet kit. I removed the bowl and replaced the main jet. How do I get the needle out? Also, I'm supposed to drill the carb slide but I don't know where it is. Any help or pics would be awesome.
Thanks!

You have to take the top of the carb off also, 4 screws. Then you should be able to get the needle out. I should of took some pics when i did mine, Darn it. Do you have the carb off the bike or just hanging by the throttle cable ?

problem solved

Thanks jaredfly!! Got her all buttoned up and she cranked right up. I took several pics and will post them soon, to help out carb newbies like me.
thanks again!

Glad it all worked out for ya ! Now take it out for a ride and in 5th gear full throttle if it feels sluggish or seems like its falling on its face you need to turn the gas off and ride it back home, Then put in 1 size smaller main jett.

I installed the recommended Jett the kit said on my quad, But when i rode it around a while it sounded like it was loading up on fuel and under powered. I changed my main and BAM ! Runs like a Raped Ape ! lol

So I got her all together and missed putting in the dynojet washer after the eclip, plus I installed it on the third groove instead of the fourth. Today I moved the eclip to the 4th groove and installed the washer. She cranked fine and idled great and ran good in first gear. Went into second and hammered it. It bogged and sounded like it was choking. It wouldn't rev med or high. I did great in the low rpm range. Did I go too high on the main? I following the directions for below 3000ft. Not sure what I did wrong. :(

Latest posts

Back