Jetting Problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgm0967

Reaction score
I decided since I have another exhaust and added a K&N in an open basket to rejet fatter. The problem is that the threads in the carb for the big jet musta fell out because they are non existent. Here's a pic.

Any ideas?

look in your carb is there a brass thing sticking up ? cuz it doesnt look like the needle jet is all the way down in it seat

photobucket-47096-1351630760341.jpg

You got it right. Had to hlod the pin and holder down manually from the inside. Its back together and running. Didn't get a chance to see what the jetting did yet. I went with a 152.5 and 47.5. No reason except it's what I had.

Actually I pulled out a 45 and a 147. Wasgonna go up 2 sizes on both but the shop didn/t have a 50. Now I see fuel is leeking out of the float drain. May have to go back in. Is it possible the float should be set lower?

Should add that I haven't rode it yet. But starts and throttle seems real quick in nuetral. No choke needed but it runs a little rough when cold.

Last edited:
Got things back together. Added the K&N filter and open basket.(I've gotta find that addict post and get help) The mid and top range is incredible but still having trouble with the low end. Idles fine but a quick hit on the throttle will kill the engine. However, when you get the rpms up a bit it'll bite you in the ass.

My experience with Jets and carbs comes from 4 cyl motoercycles. Seems to me there was something about backing out the little jet. Or should I just go bigger.

On a side note, I added the 660 shock. Now the drive chain runs right on the lower roller. Got a little bit of noise. Is there a bearing in there? Roller looks like new.

knock the p 45 back in and see if that helps the carb ... as for the roller the t.m. rollers have bearings stock ones do not

Hate to ask but where would one find t.m. rollers cheap?

Also, on an idle there is no gas smell or sign that it's running rich. I'm thinking of going bigger. Am I wrong?

Still got the post but I'll make sure it comes out before I order. Thanks.

Still thinking on the jet thing.I noticed the breather tube (or whatever that second tube going to the carb is) smells like fumes and builds up pressure. Thanks Bones, I'll try it.

Back to the carb. Talked to a local wrench and he said they never change the small jet, just adjust the air/fuel mixture and set the pin. Didn't make alot of sense but I didn't want to look as stupid as I am. So I pulled the carbs again and put the original jet back in. Didn't see settings for the pin but adjusted the pin up slightly. Made for a better low end but kept the mid to high end. Still not quite good on the low end. Where id the fuel mix adjustment?

Is that the top or bottom of the carb or in the float bowl? I've gotta pull these carbs again and go down to a 150 on the main. Too much backfiring ect.

Thanks Bones, I'll do that and think I need to drop to a 150 main. Too much backfiring and fumes.

Thanks guys for the help. I'm really close to perfect but would like to add a little more fuel to the fuel/air mix at low end. Do I back out or turn in?

Back