Jetting issues/sizes

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
try 150 main jet !!!

Why in the **** would I put in a 150 main when I can't even get enough air to support a 145 jet? All I ever hear from you is to put in a bigger jet....and you don't even have the same ****** bike! Why why would I add more fuel and make the problem worse?? Ive done it already and it did make it worse. We are both trying to add the maximum amount of fuel that the bike will allow the air flow to burn. We're both at the point that we can't get enough air to support the jets we're e using and you say to increase the jet??

So explain if to me and everyone else here how it is that adding even more fuel is going to solve the problem. NO. NO. DON'T. IM DONE WITH YOUR BS!

As ive already asked, can some one else here who actually even has a recent wolverine 450 explain it to me because this idiot doesn't have a ****** clue...... Or even the same bike.

Mark seems like we have the same problem. What made you switch from the 140 main jet to 145 anyway? I started with the 145 and have problems with idle and top end cutting out around 46mph. I was running it with out the air box lid to try to compensate. I am taking it to the shop today to have a jet kit installed and have them get it set right hopefully. I'll let you know results this weekend.

Just change to the 140 and you should have a good result. Mine ran great there. I just kept going up in jet size to see where the limit was.

running open airbox will let every **** enter your airbox, tbracelin: how do you know you need more air LOL. and maby you think mor air = more power LOL. Lack of power in high end = lean ( need more gaz). if you have too much gaz ( rich ) you should have power but the bike should sputter at high rpm )

open air box application should only used when racing , with cam , porting and bigger carburetor !

the problem with a newb is that when they touch a carburetor , their bike run enven worse.
much newb break carburetor when they touch it ! it shoot solvant on the diaphragm, forget a oring somewhere or maby then dont ajust the flot in the good way ...

also, newb cant tell the difference of a bike running lean or running rich , so they run their bike lean and most of time make their bike overheat.

Most of time newb add filter and pipe to their bike, and dont know the effect on the carburetor. do you understan the vaccum effect of a k&n filter , and a hmf pipe ? how do vaccum affect the carburetor jetting ?

neeb say need more air need more air , i want more power beavis ! HEEEAAAA....

I jet modded bike every week. and it an art you should learn before trashing pepole.

Nekrofilliak: You are truly a low life pos probably living in a trailer hince the old ass junk pile of bikes you claim to have on your signature. I never talked any **** to you but oh I will now. Did I EVER say I needed more air? I only took my air box lid off to compensate for the larger jet and NO an open air box is not only for racing dumbass! Those of us that can afford a decent bike use what's called OUTERWEAR or a PRECHARGER!! I agree with Mark, why are you even on this forum? You do not own a Wolverine or even a bike in this decade! We at this forum newbie or not come here to seek advice, compare issues and network not bash one another. Most of us have jobs and don't sit around working on old **** bikes and forum surf all day looking to bash on people. Get a life and think about trading your **** pile of bikes for a Wolfy. Oh yeah do us ALL a favor and leave this forum. You are a discrace to our country THAT I SERVE!

Hmmm. Add bigger jet and bike sputter at hi RPM. remove air box lid and bike don't sputter at high RPM anymore. Move to smaller jet and problem go away. Sounds like an airflow problem 2 me. IE. bigger jet won't help.

wow I have always run a 140 main with HMF pipe. Keep that filter clean though or youll keep changing plugs. I bought one of those plugs off ebay. Works far better than the NGK stocker. I never tried the jet kit personally and not sure if its worth the cash. Like to know though

And cant we get that nekro booted he has no clue and he has made this site welll ridiculous .This bike would barely run with a 150 main will start but soon as you gas it would just die.

Now you have stop to freak out. so i realise you where unable to jet a bike, look the hmf website ! LOL

HMF Recommended Jetting for Wolverine 450 (06-10)

2006-2009: Slip On:
140 Mikuni Small

it will be a pleasure to listen to your next wolvy problem

And cant we get that nekro booted he has no clue and he has made this site welll ridiculous .This bike would barely run with a 150 main will start but soon as you gas it would just die.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'm tired of giving this prick the time of day.

sorry for all buddy , i just try to help us to jet your bike. the answer is if 145 is too rich , then 140 should be better. when i tell you to try 150, none of you where able to tell me that the engine running too rich . engine cut out is not an effect of rich jetting. most of time lost of power is related to lean jetting.

How'd the dyno jet kit work out?

Wish I'd have seen the stock tires/wheels for sale earlier. You could've met us at Lake Murray last weekend. It was deserted.
Still have the stock wheels, but I use the tires. Where are you from? I was at Lake Murray over Labor Day weekend riding.

I'm from Fort Worth. We went the following weekend looking to avoid the crowds and it worked. The place was empty and with the front that came through the weather was awesome. Only 4 of the campsites on the right were taken. We had three newer wolverines out there.
I misread your post. I thought you were selling the set.
Did they tell you what size jets they installed?
I've still been using the 145, but plan on changing to the 140 this week. not sure if I want to do the mods to get more airflow or not.

I'm from Fort Worth. We went the following weekend looking to avoid the crowds and it worked. The place was empty and with the front that came through the weather was awesome. Only 4 of the campsites on the right were taken. We had three newer wolverines out there.
I misread your post. I thought you were selling the set.
Did they tell you what size jets they installed?
I've still been using the 145, but plan on changing to the 140 this week. not sure if I want to do the mods to get more airflow or not.
Well it was full when we went according to the campsites but out riding you really couldn't tell. I ended up buying the Dynojet kit and installing it myslelf with what they recommended according to altitude and that solved my issues. However I did go ride this weekend at the river (South Canadian) and it was a little sluggish at top speed. I think it was due to the cloudy, semi rainy weather and temp though. I would think that with that pipe and jet you would need more airflow!? How fast is your bike on top end? I'm only hitting 51 but I also have heavier wheels than stock. Can you pull a wheelie? Mine is pretty easy to pull up.

I can't hit 50 right now but I could hit 53 with the airbox lid off. It got there a lot quicker too.

Latest posts

Back