Jetting is everything.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonp

Reaction score
I've read places that said if you have your jetting right on then change your cam out there is no need to change the jetting.
I got first hand experance on this one as I had the Web .390 in the bike for a while and when switching over to the Megacycle .450 I never changed the jetting. After getting the bike home from the cabin I did a bunch of things to it. Got to also play with the jetting. Went up on the pilot jet as I was 3 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw. It was about perfect though, but I knew that if I went up I would gain responce down low as some bikes like a little richer and aids in this but your fuel milage suffers. It helped big time as off throttle responce is right there even more so now, just hit the gas and it wants to come up. Also went up in the main jet one size as I thought I might be running a little lean because cold days it would sometimes bog out coming on to full throttle or fall on its face slightly. Well I was right.
I will tell you guys this, and I've said this before there is big gains to be won or lost jetting correctly and being accurate. To have the jetting right on and producing the most power is pretty cool and it makes a huge difference in the way the bike pulls.

Thats why I'm beginning to rethink the Edelbrock thing. The Edel really only has two circuits and is a vague attemp to make it very easy to play with jetting. Been really thinking about a Mikuni TM36-68. I know it's small for my motor but I love the torque this thing makes and want to go back to a 3 circuit carb, due to the awsome tuning ability.

dave76 said:
Thats why I'm beginning to rethink the Edelbrock thing. The Edel really only has two circuits and is a vague attemp to make it very easy to play with jetting. Been really thinking about a Mikuni TM36-68. I know it's small for my motor but I love the torque this thing makes and want to go back to a 3 circuit carb, due to the awsome tuning ability.

For you dave the 37mm or 39mm MX-FZR carbs would be sweet. You can get them with cables I've seen for about $200 bucks on ebay.. I bet you'll get more then that for the edel.
The FZR's are the top of the line best out there. 37mm for more responce and torque, 39mm for all out power.

Latest posts

Back