Jetting for powercore 4 ???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarolusRex98

Reaction score
I got a FMF Powercore 4 for my '98 WARRIOR and I already have my big gun header ( they don't even make them anymore ) I have it jetted for my header would I have to jet it for the Powercore 4

Hi, just bougth a fmf pc4, and i have just a quick question, with 152.5 to 155 jets do i have to fiddle with the neddle position?

alot of things come in to play when jetting.
Alttitude is a biggie
free flowing mods AKA exhaust and intake mods
but when doing a slip on and a filter you will more than likely only have to change the main jet and possibley the pilot jet
Don't buy the dyno jet kits they are pretty much garbage because they use a totally different size scale compared to oem. Buy your Jets individually fro www.JetsRus.com
I have the FmF powercore 4 with k&n slip on and I run 155 main and needle in stock position with the stock pilot but I need to bump up one size

500Mt is my top altitude i live near the sea.
Since im a complete newbie at jetting (although i ve setup some SU carbs to factory spec) I was tempted to buy the dyno jet kit because it has everything that i need to fine tune the carb, i can buy it from ebay germany for 45 euros, and jetrus are a US companie, almost 4 weeks till i can get my order... jet by jet LOLOLOL.( or maybe you can point me to the right direction of what jets to buy)
Anyway my exhaust will arrive next week and i already have a new carb manifold.
The bike isnt running so great, its no match for a raptor 350.... So before the pipe and manifold, im going to adjust the valve lash and timing chain and maybe do a compression test ( it doesnt smoke at all) should i rebuild the carb before jetting?
THanks guys and happy new year!!!!

Sorry to be a grave digger. My pipe came today :) and order a 45 pilot and 155 main. Airbox lid off, just snorkel or holes in the lid ? I have a UNI filter

thanks

Latest posts

Back