Its normal.. I think.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did'nt watch the video but I assume that its your yfz header glowing. Now I'm no yfz expert but I've heard more than once that yfz's are set pretty lean jetting wise from the factory. Which means if you would bump up the jetting slightly that should go away.

The thin stainless header will heat up faster and glow than a regular thick steel pipe. My jetting is spot on and my header will glow if the quad sits running for over a minuite or so. Its really quite a normal thing, all the big 4 stroke dirtbikes do it as well.

um..............if you were a 2mm thick piecw of titanium at a thousand degrees i think you would glow too! thats normal and jetting wont do a thing, i have a ti header on my 350 and it is jetted right and it does the same thing.

That ain't **** man, I had mine GLOWING like a light, jetting definitly affects this as too rich will just burn unburned fuel in your header. Anyway a warrior even with good jetting will have some glow as it's an air cooled engine. I had a Harley mechanic tell me once "hey it's like a blow torch at that exhaust port what do you expect".

Latest posts

Back