It's been a while...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamarider

Reaction score
Hey guys, i kinda disappeared from the forum for quite a while. I didn't abandon yall, i just got involved with a **** ton of stuff this summer and didn't have time to sit at a computer for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Anyways, i might be considered somewhat of a traitor now, as i recently purchased a 1990 Suzuki DR-350 enduro, but i still do have the Raptor so I have not abandoned my
Yamaha brothers. I just bought the bike as something to play around with when running around town and to my girlfriend's place, and to cruise around with my buddies. It's nothing real impressive, and not nearly as fun off-road as a quad, but it is a blast to be able to ride the bike anywhere i want on the road and get 75 mpg while doing it. For 800 bucks in decent shape i can't complain, deals like that are hard to come by with fuel prices as they are. I might post up a few pics when i finish working it over and getting it looking good.

Just in case anybody was wondering, my warrior is still out and going strong, one of my buddies owns it now. A couple weeks ago he entered it in a tractor/truck/atv pull and came in 3rd place in the atv class with about 12 quads running, and it was the only 2 wheel drive quad entered that actually pulled the sled the whole length of the track. So warriors still kick ass!

Hopefully things will start slowing down for me and i'll be able to get on the site more often and become active again, it won't be long before it gets too cold to ride the bike and that'll get parked for the winter.

So, anything new and exciting with you guys? I see the site has been kinda slow lately...

Yeah it has......its kinda sad, there are a few guys that try and keep it alive.

It never gets to cold to go riding, you just have to wear extra clothes and clench your jaw to keep you teeth from chattering :)

When winter comes the bike is going to go into hibernation. Aside from my lack of motivation to ride at over 40 mph continuously with the cold wind cutting through me, i don't think it's going to be very friendly to cold weather starting. It doesn't have electric start and it takes about 5 kicks to get it started the first time even with the fair weather we've been having.

On the quads, yes, its never too cold. I've been on 3-day ride trips at paragon where i've woke up in the morning in my snow covered van next to a propane heater that actually FROZE during the night and went out because the propane bottle got too cold. It was so damn cold even the beer next to me was froze. And try starting a warrior in 10 degree weather early in the morning when the throttle cable freezes, the battery is so cold it can barely get the motor to turn over, and edelbrock carbs don't even have a choke. The ol warrior still fired over though, to my surprise. I'll still ride my raptor this winter, especially if we get some good snow. I really hope that we do, last winter was a big disappointment. I'm really hoping for at least one good winter weather emergency to be declared, so we can legally ride quads on the streets. There's not a whole lot of things out there more fun than having free-roam on snowy roads with the wheelers. With any luck the raptor will be as good in the snow as the warrior was, but i already know it won't be. The stock tires are starting to suck... and i just spent 200 bucks on tires for my bike so the raptor probably won't be getting new ones anytime soon.

Last winter here was amazing three whole days of quad street drifting/riding. And on one of those days cars were ordered not to be on the road unless for an extreme emergency. Ant one point during the night we were hanging out with a cop at an intersection and he was giving people tickets because they were driving. I hope we get a few days again like that. Its fun to go bar hopping on the quads in the snow.

Latest posts

Back