Its alive

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.E.Warrior97-2001

Reaction score
Thanx for all the help with my warrior I could not have done it with out this web site !!!

I have one more question, since I did have the head off and this is my first time rebuilding a atv head. How do I make sure its getting good oil to the head ?? Also is there anything else I should check, remember i bought this atv not running and not knowing any history about it !!

One again thanx for all the input and help I have recieved from the members of this site U :slayer:

Last edited:
there is a bolt up on the right back side of head I believe you can loosen and if oil seeps out when you start it then you know the head is getting oil can't remember what it's called at the moment

Well I started let run for a few seconds no oil, Revved a few times still no oil. What should i do now ???

right near the intake valve cover its the bolt with a hex/Phillips head on the right rear of the head

put oil in it :haha: sorry, i had to do it. someone with more experience can hopefully help out here. i really should check mine cuz my engine sounds like an old lawnmower running

I checked its full of oil :) I pulled the bolt out and no oil, it should have al least slung some out of the hole wile i was reving the motor right ?

leave the bolt and spark plug out and turn the motor over till oil comes outta that hole .. it can take sometime

Yeah prime it like bones said. I ALWAYS leave the exhaust valve cover off and pour atleast a half a quart of oil in the head through the intake valve cover. That way I know it has plenty of oil for it's first start up. And crack that bolt loose and if no oil comes out after the 1st minute of run time shut her down. That's a quote from the manual itself. And don't go crazy tightenig it down, it's a hollow banjo bolt.

Back