Issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idle

Reaction score
Ok so i took my quad out todayand the starter is just clicking I think it needs a solonoid. Got it started put a new clutch cable on,and it wont go into neutral while its running, I took it down the road and its wobbleing and pulling all over the place the tires look like one is in a different postion then the other, and Ideas. O and one more thing to add to the list the lights only work when they want to. Please help im freaking out here

You can check if the solenoid is the problem by jumping across the solenoid terminals the next time you can't get it to start. I doubt it's the solenoid, they don't fail very often.

If it won't go into neutral when it's running you probably have the cable adjusted wrong, and the clutch never completely disengages so it's dragging.

For the front end pulling all over the place i'd start checking for loose parts in the front end. Not only loose bolts, but also worn out bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints, and wheel bearings.

Unless you have a bad headlight switch the headlight problem may be hard to troubleshoot. Either a bad ground or loose/broken wire somewhere.

only thing i havent checked on the front end is bearings, its a 400ex fyi. But you guys normally all help out so I figured id try here first, I hope somthing not jacked up on the frame.

I paid 1800 for it, its a 01 it looked in good shape, but im pretty sure it needs a solenoid, as for the shakeing i have no idea

How about bent wheels? Did you lift the front end up and see if they spin straight? That'll make it shake and pull all over the place.

the front right wheel spins and then stops, the other one spins and spins and spins, the back hub is wobly on the same side. I got wheel bearings for the front, and im gettin the hub welded. Still no neutral and i have no idea how tight or loose the cable should be. Starter clicks, hit it again, clicks, and then fires the quad, It runs great but once it idles it dies.

ok so the rear hub was loose tightend it up, clutch shifts good but I still cant get it into neutral. I changed the oil and it was grey and had little metal flakes in it tiny ones so i put new oil and filter. The starter still clicks and then after i hit it like 3 times it starts the bike, and ideas on the whole neutral issue and the starter?

oil was grey? that would mean a slight amount of water in the oil, it should be light brown if its new or black if its old

no.. oil with water in it will look cloudy brown non transparent. Also be very milky and have no viscosity.

i had a 400EX, and it was moody about going into neutral. sometimes it would, sometimes it wouldn't. could be clutches dragging and sticking together. as for the starting, it kinda sounds like your starter could be going out. try and hold the starter button, and have someone tap on the starter with a small hammer or decent size wrench. if it spins over then, your starter is going out.

Latest posts

Back