Is voltage sufficient to support 2 100/55 bulbs headlights?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frostbite

Reaction score
I was thinking of swapping out my stock (I assume they are 60/55 watt)headlight bulbs and replacing them both with 100/55 watt bulbs would really help light up the night.
I have to wonder if there is plenty of voltage output from the machine to support the change without problems?
Has anyone done this yet?

Thanks

Frostbite

BULB (12VOLTS30/30WATTS) - right from yamaha's microfiche for the oem bulbs.

I think that installing 100 watt bulbs would tax the sytem and end up burning out your voltage reg/rectifier prematurely. On my old warrior, I did replace the headlights with some 55 watt halogen fog lights - drastically improved my night vision and didn't overtax the system. As far as I can tell, the electrical system on the wolverine is almost a true match to the warrior.

Thanks for the response. Yes, it sounds like the Yamaha 55 watt replacement bulbs will be my first attempt at enhanced lighting. The part number is ABA-70023-00-00 and they run from $25 to $30 each (depending on your dealer).

I think these have a 35 watt (stock low beam) and the high beam only uses the full 55 watts but, I may be mistaken on that?

I think I'll add these brighter lights now and when i buy a snow plow I'll mount some 55 watt fog type lamps higher on the machine to shine above the plow and use a cut out switch to make sure they both don't come on.

Frostbite

Back