Is there any way to paint plastics? Or jus buy new ones??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Satan_420

Reaction score
I don't want paint chipping off everytime the fenders bend.lol. But I want black plastic..

if ya dont want to repaint it every year dont. but preparation is everything dude

I've had really good results with Krylon plastic paint on small parts for motorcycles. I'm guessing the ATV fenders and such would be abused alot more but if I was gonna try, I'd use Krylon.

Any paint will eventually chip/flake/fall/crack off. New plastics or invent a way to dye them successfully and your good on the looks.

I painted mine with rustoleum plastic paint and took it out today and gave it hell. Still looks perfect.

I'm sure it won't flake off due to the prep work I did but it my get scratched or chipped which can be fixed in 5 min.

Sand, grease and wax remover, adhesion promoter, plastic primer, 3 coats of plastic color

I strongly recomend you just buy some decent black used ones on ebay or buy new ones,, any thing painted can scratch off but colored plastic cant,, i painted mine white over white and thumped it afew times while moving them around the shed and the paint scratched off so im stripping them back dont wet sanding them and polishing them the best i can..PS you can bring older ones pritty close back to newish..

I have been a painter for 25 years, our plastics are no different than bumper covers on cars. It's s all in the prep work, and use high quality automotive paint. It will still get scratched but at least you can buff it up or easily repair it.

I have been a painter for 25 years, our plastics are no different than bumper covers on cars. It's s all in the prep work, and use high quality automotive paint. It will still get scratched but at least you can buff it up or easily repair it.

Todd does auto paint flex pretty well?

I'm going to listen to Todd there is something about 25 years experience that just tells me I should Haha

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Back