is the piston and stuff still in good shape

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dillon14dj

Reaction score
truth is i have no clue what i am doing. all i know people were saying my problem was the starter clutch. then started saying my piston and rings are shot. so i have just took it apart. i dont know what to look for or if this is in good shape so please let me know people. if not how do you take it off the rod?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5i9TIIVRKM

What was the problem you were having? As far as looks everything looks fine. If it were me id put a new piston and rings in if i had it that far apart. A wiseco is a good stock substitute.

The one way being bad usually results in a loud clunking noise when starting the quad. Honestly mines been doing it since it was a couple years old and ive never replaced it. Its been clunking since about 2005 and still works to this day. Actually in all honesty most warriors ive ever seen have this problem.

What was the problem you were having? As far as looks everything looks fine. If it were me id put a new piston and rings in if i had it that far apart. A wiseco is a good stock substitute.

The one way being bad usually results in a loud clunking noise when starting the quad. Honestly mines been doing it since it was a couple years old and ive never replaced it. Its been clunking since about 2005 and still works to this day. Actually in all honesty most warriors ive ever seen have this problem.

well it was working fine till one day i was heading home from the trail then it up and died. and wouldnt start (just spinned when try to start it wouldnt crank over). so someone told me to put my finger over the sparkplug hole and feel for compression so i did that and nothing happen so i was told i need new rings?

Latest posts

Back