is it worth gettin?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashnburn

Reaction score
So I came across this guy thats getting rid of a 96 blaster 200 for 500$ he said its needs brake work, the front fenders are missing and its stock except for a full DG exhaust. Its really clean looking, but I don't much about 2 strokes. Im thinking about getting it for my girlfriend to ride. What's your guys input on this

Save your money and get another Warrior. I had a Blaster and thought I would keep it for my son. It sucked and I hated it. It ran great and had good power. The suspension beat the hell out of me, and it was just too short on seat and wheel base. Had a hell of a time keeping the front wheels on the ground. I figured for what it would cost to upgrade the suspension and get an extended swinger, I was better off investing in a Warrior. At least my son will have something he can enjoy now.

I thought sence its newer than my warrior it'd ride an handle better. So I might still buy it an flip it for alittle more cash, some used plastic an brakes sell it for 1000$. Ya if it beat the hell outa you I wouldn't want my girl to be ridding it.

I got stuck with the one I had and had a $500 bill against it. When all was said and done I bought another one for $200 for parts, sold what was left parting it out for $350 then sold the finished one for $1300. If you do it right and don't get impatient, you can make good money flippin them. I took the $1300 and bought my Warrior, and it was the best investment I made.

The worst beating I got was when I took it to Little Sahara in April this year. I even had Banshee shocks on it. The sand got a little rutted late on Saturday, and it just beat me to death. Rode my Banshee on the same stuff and had little issue with it. Blasters are just too stiff and short for any rider. Young kids can take the beating a little better and usually don't care cause they have something to ride.

IDK to much about Blasters but if you got him to sell it for $400 I'd do it in a heart beat.

True I guess im too young still I have patients for things of my own. I was gona flip my warrior I bought 2 for 300$ one was a complete running ready bike an the other was parts but I grew to love the warrior too much. I heard that 2 strokes are easier to rebuild.

True I guess im too young still I have patients for things of my own. I was gona flip my warrior I bought 2 for 300$ one was a complete running ready bike an the other was parts but I grew to love the warrior too much. I heard that 2 strokes are easier to rebuild.
Your Post Confuses Me @_@

they 2strokes are easier to rebuild and you'll get pretty good at it since the need rebuilt so often

Yup the higher you rev it the sooner you'll have to do a rebuild.

They are easier and usually cheaper to rebuild, but are very touchy on jetting when dealing with altitude and temperature changes. I have my Banshee set up now where in cooler weather I run the lid on the air box and it richens it up just right. When it gets warmer, like above 80 degrees I have to pull the lid to lean it back down and get the snap back. I love being able to do that so I don't have to change jets all the time. They are prone to air leaks than can be disastrous. That is what happened to the one I ended up with.

Yup the higher you rev it the sooner you'll have to do a rebuild.

not always true 2 strokes take a completly differnt riding style higher revs means more hp but will need rebuilt sooner and it also depends on riding style and terain sand and a all out ridding style its going to need rebuilt in 40 hrs but dirt with a cusing style it might never wear out i got 2 of em and they will beat u up a bit but if you stech it and widen it it wont do it nearly as bad i say buy it and flip it theres nothing to these bikes to fix or be scared of

Ive rebuilt 4 strokes but never any 2's there's no difference really is there?

2 strokes use reed valves so there is no timing chain, camshaft, or valves to deal with. There is a lot of difference especially in tuning them. Power on a two stroke is gained by different expansion chamber configurations on the pipe. Reeds can help but don't change things as much as porting and pipe.

I didn't know that about 2 strokes I mean the reeds an all. Im confident I could work on it, but if there rough to ride then ill probably just flip it an add that to my warrior. There's also an older sport quad for 150$ needs a clutch. Might buy that an fix it. Id like to have enough money for a raptor 700 I've seen them around 2200-2600 around me.

You can make them ride like a dream, but the money it takes to do it, a guy could have a 700 or something with a better base to start with.

As far as reeds and pipes, it is simple technology and pretty easy to diagnose fuel issues. Electrical is still stator, CDI and AC regulator similar to the Warriors and other 4 strokes. Still fight electrical issues sometimes like any other quad. They also suck because there is no battery and starter. Kick start only which gets old. I did add a battery to my Banshee and converted it over to DC but still have to kick start it.

Back