Is it better to set shocks soft or stiff?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have a 2000 warrior and the suspension is pretty rough even with the stiffness set all the way down. The front shocks are set on the second lowest setting for preload and the back is set on the highest . I'm guessing the more the spring is compressed the higher the preload is ? I weigh 130 lbs and am 5' 11" so where should I have it set? I also have 1" wheel spacers on each side so would I factor that stuff in?

Stock front shocks are really stiff, and the stock rear is way too soft. Upgrade to banshee shocks all around and you'll have a way better ride for cheap compared to aftermarket shocks

Stock front shocks are really stiff, and the stock rear is way too soft. Upgrade to banshee shocks all around and you'll have a way better ride for cheap compared to aftermarket shocks

I have banshee front shocks. And I will soon put a banshee rear on it. The only thing I'm hesitant about is modding my air box.

Just do it. It ain't hard to do.
I personally set them right in the middle. I like my bike to sag abut 1/2" without the rider n it, and sag around 2" with a rider on it.

I personally set them right in the middle. I like my bike to sag abut 1/2" without the rider n it, and sag around 2" with a rider on it.

I will try adjusting it as you said. Do I adjust it for the same sag front and back?
How far in does the airbox need to go in?

thats where i have mine and its just about perfect

I will try adjusting it as you said. Do I adjust it for the same sag front and back?
How far in does the airbox need to go in?

theres some good threads in the how to section for this. when i looked at modding the box it almost seemed like the whole bottom part that sticks out has to go. like this.
http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27493

if you have a little extra coin check out a cfm airbox. imo its a glorified version of an open box but the rear shee fits and it looks slick

theres some good threads in the how to section for this. when i looked at modding the box it almost seemed like the whole bottom part that sticks out has to go. like this.
http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27493

if you have a little extra coin check out a cfm airbox. imo its a glorified version of an open box but the rear shee fits and it looks slick

That look like it would be easy. I will definitely do this. I think i will get that cfm airbox down the road.

Why go thew all that work to hack up you air box. a heat gun works like a champ and a round dead blow is what I used to get the shape took like 3 min. Box fits like factory

Latest posts

Back