is anyone here into geocaching?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miami1

Reaction score
ive been doing this off and on for a few years and now that ive got a smart phone is realy easy to do. but a cheap hand held gps works good too. a lot of the trails around here hve some hidden on them and it kinda gives you a destination.

check it out www.geocaching.com

I'd be to tempted to take a dump in one of the boxes after I found it.

If your like most people that have a handheld gps it just sits around not being used most of the time, and if you already have one its a cheap hobby.
I bought a garman etrex a few years ago and it works good for caching, but I mostly use it when riding now

20007.3stroker is my screen name over there. when i do try to find some ill be useing my Droid. between the maps and gps coordinate apps i should be good to go.

there is an app on the andriod market called c;geo its free but it doesnt always have what you need. i bought the geocaching.com app and its worth the money if you like doing it.

LOL I am an avid geocacher......
but shhhh muggles are watching

found a free app called Columbus on the droid that links to the site using you login and password. theres quite a few close now i just gotta have the extra time to start looking. ill probably get hooked once i start.

its a lot of fun really... out west there are desert caches you need an atv to get to!!!

im thinking next summer setting one up on an island on the mississippi that would require a boat in the summer and you could walk the ice in the winter.

Ive already planned on that but you have to notify the D.N.R. that it is there because one of the rules of geocaching is the landowner must know and approve of the cache. I placed one at the home shop of the American Pickers in Le Claire IA

Ive already planned on that but you have to notify the D.N.R. that it is there because one of the rules of geocaching is the landowner must know and approve of the cache. I placed one at the home shop of the American Pickers in Le Claire IA

i love that show

Latest posts

Back