Ipod warranty

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klutchbuster350

Reaction score
I bought an ipod a few months back ( 6 to be approx.). It was the mini version, not the nano, to my understanding they were discontinued soon after my purchase. Well a common "recall" problem occured on my ipod and I bought it with a 1 year warranty. Now the thing is I bought it from a compnay on ebay and cant find my warranty paper, Am i fucked or can they like trace my order and take care of it?

It's sorta looking like you're sol. If you had the warranty paper, or if the ebay seller was licensed by apple you might have had a chance. It might not hurt to still call apple's customer service though.

The battery goes dead as soon as you take it off the charger.

Dead battery.. wont be covered under warrenty, it states that in the warrenty disclaimer.... so you have to send your ipod to apple and they are going to rape you on a price for putting a new battery in.... ive heard it can cost over 100 bucks

i had the same problem so i went to the apple store and they jsut gave me a whole new ipod for about 75 bucks

Well that sucks 0_o
I was really hoping they covered it, The damn thing has never been dropped and still look sbrand new. ANy way I can take it to a local target, tell them the situation, and maybe get a discount on a new one with the return of my old one?

I highly doubt Target, nor any other retail would work out any kind of a deal like that, unless it's under warranty.

But better yet, why not just get a replacement battery and fix it yourself? There really shouldn't be too much involved with it. Check out ebay, search for "ipod mini battery". They sell kits that include a replacement battery, the special screwdrivers required, and some even have instructions I think, for DIRT CHEAP compared to buying a new one or getting raped for a repair shop to fix it.

Or heck, I have 6 years of electronics/computer training, and have a bunch of experience repairing stuff like this. Send your ipod to me with 35 bucks and I can get the battery, replace it, and get it back to you, if you don't feel confident in doing it yourself. But it shoudn't be too hard to figure out for yourself if you take your time with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battery-EC003-550mA-for-Apple-iPod-Mini-Generation-new_W0QQitemZ260064071823QQihZ016QQcategoryZ48680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check out that one, comes with a battery, 2 screwdrivers, and instructions for about 10 bucks shipped. Can't beat that.

I highly doubt Target, nor any other retail would work out any kind of a deal like that, unless it's under warranty.

But better yet, why not just get a replacement battery and fix it yourself? There really shouldn't be too much involved with it. Check out ebay, search for "ipod mini battery". They sell kits that include a replacement battery, the special screwdrivers required, and some even have instructions I think, for DIRT CHEAP compared to buying a new one or getting raped for a repair shop to fix it.

Or heck, I have 6 years of electronics/computer training, and have a bunch of experience repairing stuff like this. Send your ipod to me with 35 bucks and I can get the battery, replace it, and get it back to you, if you don't feel confident in doing it yourself. But it shoudn't be too hard to figure out for yourself if you take your time with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battery-EC003-550mA-for-Apple-iPod-Mini-Generation-new_W0QQitemZ260064071823QQihZ016QQcategoryZ48680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check out that one, comes with a battery, 2 screwdrivers, and instructions for about 10 bucks shipped. Can't beat that.
Dude you're the best help ever on this site lol. I'll talk to my dad, I'll talk to my dad to see whether we fix it our selves or send it to you, we are like super swamped at the house with the quads, and he works every day and night so its pretty crazy lol.

Latest posts

Back