Intermittent spark 94 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaw753

Reaction score
I bought a non-running 94 Warrior a few weeks ago, and after checking it over, found the wiring harness completely trashed (cut/missing wires, fabricated starter circuit, etc.). However, the motor would still turn over, and it had spark as long as the start switch was held. When the switch was let loose, and pressed again, there was no spark. After setting for a few mins., it would spark again, as long as the start switch was held. I just replaced the wiring harness, and it's still doing the same thing as far as firing. I'm thinking I'm stator problem?

check all the connections one could be loose

After going back over everything again, I decided to buy a new (aftermarket) stator assembly just to see if it would make any difference. Now I have no fire to the sparkplug. I checked the resistance on the new stator, and the 3 white wires were higher than spec (1.1 each), the source coil was in spec (320), but the pickup coil was very high (314). My original stator is within specs on everything except the pickup coil, which shows 95ohms, instead of 171-209ohms. When I bought the aftermarket stator, I thought if it didn't work, I could at least use the new pickup coil. Now I don't know exactly what to do.

When I dealt with this issue I bought a caloric stator and it was very similar to the numbers you are getting. If I remember correct I had to reverse the red snd whit wires coming off the p/u coil.Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back