Intall timing chain with out teardown

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hashish420

Reaction score
As stated below it is not possible as there is no master link for the warrior timing chain.My mistake

Last edited:
Nope, you need to pull off the stator cover and pull off the flywheel using the correct yamaha puller.

Why ? Absolutely not you can feed the chain through and reconnect it when the new end comes back out ive done it on multiple 4 stroke motocross.

there is on the new chain use a wire or tiny ziptie to connect em! ;)

I don't know i always get a master link with my new chains.

He's right. There is no master link and frankly Im glad there isnt, since a master link is the weakest link. The only way to do a timing chain on a warrior/raptor 350 is to pull the stator cover and flywheel, which if you have the correct tools can be done in under an hour.

When I replaced mine the one that was in the bike and the new one (which was D.I.D) did not have master links. I've never seen a warrior timing chain with a master link.

your right im sorry i will delete the post i thought the chains were still using master links.

pull the flywheel and the cam gear, then slide the new one up. easy
ye i know i dont have a puller im going to install a master link and change it once a year when i check tension. No problem for me Probably not the ideal way but im not buying a new puller that costs more then the chain XD

:laughup:

decided to do it right and broght it to a mechanics for the first time to pull the flywheel and order me a puller for next time.i took the cover off and got it all ready yet still had to leave it there over night. :( Cant wait to see what hes going to charge me

got it back today guy was awesome he even bought a puller to pull my flywheel.only charged me 20$ but i gave him 25.If anyone is from east Quebec or western Ontario
R.v Motosport is a great place to get your sh!t fixed.
i think his website is scooter-maniac.com

Latest posts

Back